Radio ID Needs to be in a scanlist to display???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed that I had an RID in another Scanlist, so it didn't display since I had that list turned off. My question and/or wish is RIDs to display no matter what Scanlist you are operating in for that TRS.

Another thing while I'm asking for wishes. Why do you need a Delay for a UID/RID when the Talkgroups are delayed? Isn't that a little redundant.

I'm sure these are easy fixes but something I would like to see in upcoming updates.

Thanks for hearing me out.

QUINT-1-29 aka "Pager"

troymail

Silent Key
Just noticed that I had an RID in another Scanlist, so it didn't display since I had that list turned off. My question and/or wish is RIDs to display no matter what Scanlist you are operating in for that TRS.

Another thing while I'm asking for wishes. Why do you need a Delay for a UID/RID when the Talkgroups are delayed? Isn't that a little redundant.

I'm sure these are easy fixes but something I would like to see in upcoming updates.

Thanks for hearing me out.

QUINT-1-29 aka "Pager"

Radio IDs will only be "looked up" if the radio ID is in an active scanlist. Keep in mind that radio IDs are not necessarily unique to a system. That is - I could have a radio ID of 43123 on multiple systems that are different users/radios.

SCPD

QRT
I think he may be saying the same thing that I found .. that the radio id's are not working correctly.

You can have them added to multiple scan lists but they will not be shown in the scan lists that are indicated. I have sent Whistler a bug report.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Radio IDs will only be "looked up" if the radio ID is in an active scanlist. Keep in mind that radio IDs are not necessarily unique to a system. That is - I could have a radio ID of 43123 on multiple systems that are different users/radios.

Interesting.... never thought of that before, thanks.

SCPD

QRT
I had to check the software .. the answer is no in regards to P25 conventional.

Last edited:

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
I asked a question somewhat like this, but no answer. Maybe I'll ask here as well?

P25 CONVENTIONAL system. Can you make radio IDs show Alias's for them like you do in a TRS?

I had to check the software .. the answer is no in regards to P25 conventional.

So in reference to that is there a way to make a Digital Conventional List and add UIDs for each? Kinda like a TRS but for Single Frequencies? Seems like a long shot but something to think about.

SCPD

QRT
So in reference to that is there a way to make a Digital Conventional List and add UIDs for each? Kinda like a TRS but for Single Frequencies? Seems like a long shot but something to think about.

As far as I am aware .. it is not possible. If I am wrong .. I am sure someone will correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.