WS1080: Radio ID Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

Does anyone have any thoughts on how a WS-1080 would better handle programming Radio ID's. I have 10,000 RID's belonging to 5 different Trunked Systems. Would the scanner be more efficient in picking up the ID's if they were all assigned to -

1. A single ScanList

2. Assigned to the ScanList that the contains the Talkgroup to which the RID associates with. There are 100 ScanLists covering the Talkgroups for the 5 Systems.

Any thoughts woul dbe appreciated.

drayd48

Does anyone have any thoughts on how a WS-1080 would better handle programming Radio ID's. I have 10,000 RID's belonging to 5 different Trunked Systems. Would the scanner be more efficient in picking up the ID's if they were all assigned to -

1. A single ScanList

2. Assigned to the ScanList that the contains the Talkgroup to which the RID associates with. There are 100 ScanLists covering the Talkgroups for the 5 Systems.

Any thoughts woul dbe appreciated.

I put mine all in a single scan list that I don't use and it works just fine. Be careful about the space available on your scanner (don't really know much about that particular scanner.

Swipesy

Thanks for the reply. I have been running the RID's in one ScanList but not knowing how the scanner matches the ID number from the signal to what is programmed into the scanner the scanner's ability to pull data from more then one ScanList at a time the thought occurred that maybe it would be more efficient in the same SL as the Talkgroup. Space with these scanners is not an issue.

drayd48

Thanks for the reply. I have been running the RID's in one ScanList but not knowing how the scanner matches the ID number from the signal to what is programmed into the scanner the scanner's ability to pull data from more then one ScanList at a time the thought occurred that maybe it would be more efficient in the same SL as the Talkgroup. Space with these scanners is not an issue.

Not sure how the scanner does pull from another scan list but I keep all mine in one scan list that is open and turn on the display radio ID feature. Just have to make sure that it is set as a private ID.

troymail

Silent Key
I keep radio IDs in a spreadsheet and then when I program a radio, I add the radio IDs associated with a given system as radio IDs on that system only.

Keep in mind that radio IDs are not universally unique. This isn't a huge problem for large public safety systems - particularly if you are stationary. However, if does become a problem if you are mobile and/or listening to smaller systems (think business, DMR, NXDN, etc.) that use the same IDs within each/their system(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.