Radio ID's on a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel310

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to get the id's to show up on my scanner, instead of freqencies, i have a BCD996XTand a BCD996t any help would be appreciated

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Radio Id's

I am not 100% sure on this, as I have only programmed a few 396-996's But I think that the only way you can have radio ID's show up on your scanner is if you enable the I-Call search feature while scanning a trunked system. And You will only get radio ID's to show up if someone is making a private call to another radio within range of the site you have programmed into your scanner. Just to confirm you are wanting to see radio ID's off of a trunked system, Like what an XTS radio would display?

Rebel310

Premium Subscriber
you are correct, its the same as the ones on the CDM radios, XTS and so on

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Browse through your manual or one of the online ones and see about enabling the I=call search feature. Without having a radio here to physically go through I can't remember where exactly the settings are, But I know that if you are in range of the site/tower where the private calls are being made you should be able to hear both ends of the conversation as well as see the radio ID's for both parties making the private call. But if only one person is within range of the site you are scanning and the other is out of range you will only hear/see the ID of the one radio user. We tested this feature on an Motorola astro 25 800mhz system and made a private call with both of our subscriber radios and it did come across my friends 396 handheald. But I an fairly certain these are the only types of radio transmissions you will be able to see an actual radio ID pop up. Good luck though.... Scanning private calls, You can/will hear some pretty interesting stuff...

CrabbyMilton

I have a pair of 250D's and I was told that if you enter 700000 as a talkgroup, you will receive ICALLs and the ID beeps.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
iCall/ID

I have a pair of 250D's and I was told that if you enter 700000 as a talkgroup, you will receive ICALLs and the ID beeps.

Have you been able to find out if this indeed does work from anybody? I'm curious...

Rebel310

Premium Subscriber
The way i tried it was go into menu and enable ID's on the BCD996XT, it worked, the directions are actually in this thread a little ways up.

Status
Not open for further replies.