Radio IDs Whistler 1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Looking to see if there is a way to change Radio IDs from a number to text using ARC500 software on my WS 1040. I was able to change settings to see the Radio ID number or alias now wondering how to change the number to a text tag.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You would need to create a file converting the RID to an Alias (the text tag). The radio does not do that automatically. Not sure how that works in ARC500 or if the WS1040 can do it.

Swipesy

You have to enter the RID in the WS 1040 as follows - Radio ID Number; Radio ID Alpha Tag (16 Char Max); PVT as Type (Not Grp). They should be placed in the System Talkgroup list where you have your Talkgroups. I do not use ARC500 but I assume it provides for entering as I have listed.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
If you don’t mind me asking what program do you use to program your scanners, and would you be willing to screen shot what you were explaining before. I am sort of confused as to where to input the data.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you don’t mind me asking what program do you use to program your scanners, and would you be willing to screen shot what you were explaining before. I am sort of confused as to where to input the data.

I believe what he is saying is where you program the talkgroups, enter the RID number and instead of GRP use PVT and for the Alpha tag enter the name. This is assuming you know who the RID belongs to.

Swipesy

I use PSREdit500 and WIN500. Attached are screenshots showing how RID's are entered. Grp = Normal TG and Prv or Private = RID's.

Attachments

• PSREdit.jpg
    PSREdit.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Win500.jpg
    Win500.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 24

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone I sure do appreciate it. It all works perfect and lucky for me local Dept just caught a structure fire so now I have IDs for just about every piece of apparatus in town. Also no problems adding them into the scanner with edited alpha tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.