Radio Id's

I have found in my Fire Department mobile radios are easiest ones to track, since they always are in the unit assigned.

Portable radios always end up in a different unit and I won't track those ids, but do the portables in my county start 225 and mobiles start 224. Don't even try to track police radio ids.

The only police would be our State Police or Natural Resources Police, since they both have take home assigned vehicles.

At least here in Maryland the state committee that runs the radio systems assigns id blocks to each county, so each on has unique ones and they can be used on the same systems without them being the same. Each state agency with radios also is assigned a block of ids.
HAS ANYONE EVER LOAGED THEIR FREQ , RADIO ids , Names, Countys, in a program EXCLE it seems to be easier that way, but always back up everything on a flash card.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Hi.

I'm trying to get radio Id's for all the mobile and portable radios in my county, it's no where to be found on radioreference.com, but when I listen to broadcastify and download the audio, the radio id and the name of the unit who holds the radio appears.

For example, I want to know that radio id 20222 belongs to car 3843, can't find the list on radio reference, but when I download the audio form broadcastify I see the car number in the properties of the audio file.

Attached is a screenshot of what i see by the audio properties.
I just monitor it and keep a pen and paper handy so I can write them down , then I program them in to my TRX-1 it's a bit time consuming, but fun at the same time.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Many newer trunking systems seem to have a format they follow. Its usually " discipline , department, individual ID" or some variation. If yours is similar, it could make it easier to decipher.

EX: 075 Fire
EX: 325 <-- Squad, department, company
EX: 005 individual radio ID
Radio ID = 075325005

If its MDC, good luck

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Paper, pen and patience...and knowledge of who/what is used: Apparatus/Vehicle...Portable (Officers badge is used for Illinois State Police as an example), so any promotion(s)/transfers, I can see the progress as they move up the chain of command. It's not difficult, just time consuming and a little bit of a challenge. Makes me pay a little closer attention to who's talking and what they're saying. I've been doing it for many years and "currently" my list is 4,000 + and very accurate.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Why would someone want the radio id's as opposed to the talkgroups?
Nobody does. People log and label rid's on tg's for various reasons. Besides knowing who you are listening to, you can also see every talk group they are able to affiliate/join and speak on.