• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio install in 2010 Ford Crown Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

Just picked up a 2010 Crown Vic, & looking to install a few radios. On my 2005 Impala PPV, there were wires under the carpet by the front passenger's feet. This included 13.8 volts +, -, & ign trigger wiring, so I did not need to go to the battery. These wires were installed by Kerr Industries, the GM factory upfitter along with the other police wiring. So before I rip the Ford apart, are there similar wires in the Crown Vic for 2-way radios?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Is it an ex_police/fleet car? If so, probably.

If my memory is correct there is power access in the trunk, if you can see that, then assume there is power up front.

Hopefully, someone who has been there will chime in.

Years ago, one of our sister plants's built the special trunk to battery - to dash wiring assemblies for Vics

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Depends if the radio package was ordered or not. My 2009 had power leads located in the front passenger kick panel not in the trunk. They wouldn't handle a 110watt radio but sufficient for a couple of CDM's. If the car was PD there is probable holes already drilled in the floor on the passenger side, if not easy enough to do, just check your clearances first.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Google 2010 Ford police upfitters guide it tells you everything you need to know if it is a police pacakge

12dbsinad

Just picked up a 2010 Crown Vic, & looking to install a few radios. On my 2005 Impala PPV, there were wires under the carpet by the front passenger's feet. This included 13.8 volts +, -, & ign trigger wiring, so I did not need to go to the battery. These wires were installed by Kerr Industries, the GM factory upfitter along with the other police wiring. So before I rip the Ford apart, are there similar wires in the Crown Vic for 2-way radios?
It's been a few years, so bear with me here.

Regardless of the wiring options ordered, a 2010 model should have the following as standard:

Under the glove box, pass side kick panel area, there should be a multi pin gray connector. It's something like a 14 pin (maybe?). You'll see a bunch of smaller wires and some larger #10/12 stuff. Those are hots and ignition. I believe the pink, or pink with white stripe is your ignition. There is also a large red and black in the same area that terminate to a black 2 pin connector. This is the "light bar" power connector. I think it's fused a 50 amps or there about. Depending on how hacked the wiring is, sometimes the connectors will be completely cut off, but the wiring should be there somewhere..

In the trunk there should be a 100 amp power stud on the pass side area. Fold back the liner just ahead of the tail light and you should see it. It should have a black snap on cover if it's still there and not missing. This is a hot all the time stud.

The car may have more, but that's the bare bones it should have. Again, I'm going off memory here so I hope this helps.

N4KVE

It is a P7B car, which is what Ford called 2010, & 2011 cop cars. 2009, & earlier were called P71’s. No power stud in the right rear like my Chevy had, but there is a HUGE cluster of wires under the package shelf. I will check the interior by the passenger kick panel for the wires you mentioned. There is a large cooling fan that blows down from the package shelf to keep the equipment in the trunk cool.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
If you have a fan it was a Crown package upfit that is a whole another wiring setup there are tons of additional wires and battery feeds that were added

N4KVE

If you have a fan it was a Crown package upfit that is a whole another wiring setup there are tons of additional wires and battery feeds that were added
Yes, I looked at Crown’s site, & many items they show are in my car. There’s some wiring in the glove box. I’ll check them out to see if they are “live”.

Status
Not open for further replies.