Radio Meeting, Sunday, September, 28, 2014, 4 PM To 6 PM Eagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
There will be a scanner hobbyist meeting Sunday, September, 28, 2014, from 4 PM to 6 PM at the Eagan Davanni's (1960 Cliff Lake Rd, Eagan, MN 55122 651-688-6111). This was sort of getting lost in the previous thread, so I am creating a new one so that people are less likely to forget.

Also, if there are certain lists, equipment, etc., that you are interested in seeing, please list it on this thread BEFORE the meeting, that way, in case someone has it, they might be more inclined to bring it along. In the past, owners have brought along the newest Uniden scanners and I found that to be very helpful.

I currently have a pair of Motorola XTS5000 portables, one VHF and one UHF, that I will bring along if anybody is interested. The are conventional, not trunked, but they are much more rugged than a Chinese amateur radio or Uniden scanner.

Also, if there is any interest, perhaps Chuck or I could bring along a portable radio from work. I know that some, perhaps most, hobbyists that don't work in public safety/public service, may have never listened to a subscriber radio for the ARMER system. The audio on a Motorola XTS2500/5000, or newer unit, sounds MUCH better on a Motorola.

Finally, I have toyed with the idea of announcing this meeting on local amateur radio repeaters. I have had some fellow hobbyist say that the more the merrier. Others have suggested that they would rather have the meetings remain small and manageable. I would like to hear opinions of others on this.

JASII

Memory Capacity
The weather forecast looks quite nice again for tomorrow. I am thinking about postponing this meeting to a later date and looking for feedback. Lets hear it. Should we still meet or should we do this later in the year?

JASII

Memory Capacity
CANCELED Radio Meeting, Sunday, September, 28, 2014, 4 PM To 6 PM Eagan CANCELED

Okay, it is officially CANCELED. I will set something up again later. Enjoy the great weather everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.