Radio Monitor Meeting, Sunday, 11-27-16 4 PM To 6 PM Bloomington Davanni's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, this is now official. There will be a meeting Sunday, November 27, 2016, at Davanni's Pizza, Bloomington, from 4 PM to 6 PM. The street address is 8605 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420, Phone 952-888-6232. To give people a general sense of where this is, it is a few blocks south of I-494 and a few blocks east of I-35W. They also assured me that they still have free wifi.

If anybody is interested in an official (or unofficial) talk in frequency, I can probably line up 146.700. The PL tones are 127.3 and 118.8. Please let me know if that is of interest to you. http://www.wc0hc.org/

Please consider bringing your equipment to show off to others. I am always interested to see how each receiver performs on the ARMER system.

Also, if someone were to be interested in bringing along an item or two for sale or swap, that would be fine, too. I might just bring along a Motorola APX7000 that I have been think about selling.

If someone wants to post this on the 146.760 Saturday morning net or the 146.850 Sunday evening net, that would be just fine. I can do it or, if someone here wants to volunteer to do it, please let me know.

https://www.davannis.com/location/bloomington/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...ec6d9756e5008f7!8m2!3d44.847597!4d-93.2880809

JASII

Memory Capacity
I brought my Unication G5 to the last meeting, but if there is any interest, I can bring it to the meeting in two weeks. Also, the only transceiver that I own currently is my Motorola APX7000. The same goes for this, if anybody is interested in seeing it, please let me know and I will bring it along.

Also, I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about the amateur radio digital modes. Is anybody that is planning on attending able to bring a Yaesu System Fusion, Icom D-Star, or DMR equipment? I have looked at some DMR stuff, but I still would like to see more and learn more about it.

N0FPY

Uniden BC-RH96 for sale at meeting.

I will be bringing a Uniden BC-RH96 remote head that I have for sale.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Matt, NØTNL, is bringing a Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT. Would someone be able to bring a laptop computer and cable to update his firmware?

JASII

Memory Capacity
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody that attended this today. I always have a great time chatting with people about the radio hobby.

I want to thank Matt for updating Matt, NØTNL's, Uniden Bearcat BCD396T (not XT ?) scanner for him.

There is enough talent and information among those that attended that sharing that information in an informal setting seems to be beneficial for everybody. With that in mind, it is highly likely that I will arrange another get together in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.