radio net for scanner listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Radio Net For Scanner Listeners

ALL:

Well, after some research and soul serching, I have decided to abondon the passport project. The costs and management appear to be too much. I think it would turn into a management headache and the cheapest radio they would quote was $400, they would not move much on the monthly price either.

I am working way too much to take this on, however if someone else wants to take this on I would be more than happy to send you the details.

Thanks for all the support.

af5rn

I'm pretty sure someone is already doing the alpha pager thing. Shouldn't be any need to reinvent the wheel on that one.

I still like the idea of the net, but I think that covering three states was a little over-ambitious. Just SoCal itself could keep the net pretty busy.

karldotcom

Any other scanner buffs using Twitter feel free to follow me "karldotcom" -- I will send anything Twitt anything major around me

kenjicam

IPN is a very good paging system. Because the dispatchers are volunteers you may not get everything that's going on, but no system is 100% perfect. I like the fact you can select certain types of notifications/regions on and off, and that it is nationwide.
On another note there are some big changes coming down the line for ERS here in southern California later this summer. More information soon to follow.
Kenji Luster

Sac916

FREE is good.

LOL

How is the response time on Twitter ?

Not like Yahoo Groups where you get the info the next day ?

Mostly response time is under 10 seconds. It has become an EXTREMELY popular service - almost too popular. In some respects it's a social networking tool and an RSS feed tool. There are several 3rd party applications some of the issues bothering Twitter. If you read their blog and some of the press, they have had some server/load/database issues as of late. Some of the aches from a fast growing and ever increasingly used service. Not too mention SMS/Text Message service.

Status
Not open for further replies.