Radio New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

I just wanted to say that it sure sounded good to hear Room Full of Blues blasting out of my radio on 9.870KHz this morning. I love that RNZ relay of their late evening domestic network newscast.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
gcgrotz said:
I just wanted to say that it sure sounded good to hear Room Full of Blues blasting out of my radio on 9.870KHz this morning. I love that RNZ relay of their late evening domestic network newscast.

I remember the first time I heard RNZ on my old Hallicrafters with an indoor antenna. I liked their programming and I was amazed at the unique type of transmitter they use, which I understand recently was replaced with a more energy efficient model. Nonetheless, they had a program Saturday nights our time, that featured a lot of Blues and Jazz Music. I haven't heard it lately, but its much easier to hear them in the wintertime.

My other favorite source from that part of the world is the Australian Broadcasting Company from Melbourne. They have always had a much stronger signal here in Great Lakes Region from their two transmitter sites that beam towards the north. They often have some rather interesting programs as well.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.