Radio Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger44

I don't know if it is allowed , but thought I'd Ask . I was wondering if it is ok to Post a New Thread Someplace on RR , To help With Radio Programming for People , that do not have the Stuff to Program there Radios ? It would be for ike EF Johnson , Motorola , and Kenwood , And ICOM , Radios . Just was wondering . Let me know .

Thanks

Steve .
E-mail : Promisedland109@aol.com .

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In my humble - OK, maybe not so humble :.>> - opinion, the place for this is the various state forums. Why? Because you're more likely to find folks who have already solved a specific problem programming radios in that area. In other words, if you live in Oklahoma and want to get help programming a PRO-96, it's more likely that you'll find the help you need from a fellow Oklahoman, not to mention another thing that sometimes really gets underneath my skin - basically because so much work has been put into it...

Reading the Wiki 'Nuff said. 73s Mike

Avenger44

ka3jjz said:
In my humble - OK, maybe not so humble :.>> - opinion, the place for this is the various state forums. Why? Because you're more likely to find folks who have already solved a specific problem programming radios in that area. In other words, if you live in Oklahoma and want to get help programming a PRO-96, it's more likely that you'll find the help you need from a fellow Oklahoman, not to mention another thing that sometimes really gets underneath my skin - basically because so much work has been put into it...

Reading the Wiki 'Nuff said. 73s Mike

Well Just wonted to offer the Help Sins I have the Stuff .and I see People Asking for Help All the Time . I deal with alot of EF Johnson Radios The Most . I do Prgramming for alot of Police Officers and Fire Officers .

Steve.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, I see those threads constantly too. It amazes me that with all the stuff we've put into the Wiki, that only a few take a look there to see if their answer can be found there. Maybe it's just me, since I've put a great deal of time and energy into building the Wiki - so perhaps my viewpoint is not objective - but I think folks either don't know it's there, or aren't aware that they can view it without any additional registration or restriction (the only thing that is somewhat restricted is editing it - and you can register for free to enable that...).

It's a resource that, to be honest, I wish more folks would use. 73s Mike

stevie621

I didn't really go to the wiki until I heard someone tell someone else to go to the wiki and read what ever he was looking for. I am new to scanners and have enjoyed the wiki and will go back to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thank you to everyone who made the effort of adding good things to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.