Radio Ref. Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preposterous

Hey all, new to scanning and I have just bought a pro-97. Still figuring out how to program it and all. I wiant to monitor the transit police, taxi companies, trains, buses, and public transit in gerneral. I live in Portland Oregon and have been checking the internet for frequencies but alot are missing. Will these ALL be available from the premium service here, even private companies, or will it be a waste of my money. Whats my best source/investment for this information? Thanks a ton for any guidance you can offer.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Becoming a premium member doesn't change what frequencies you see in the database. If it isn't there now, it won't be after you become a premium member.

What you CAN do as a premium member though is configure programs like Win97 to download the frequencies that ARE here directly into the software to save you a bunch of typing - it's a very cool feature. :D I should also mention that being a premium member also helps keep the site up and running, because webhosting for a site like this one isn't free.

Hope that helps.
-AZ

Preposterous

So the software combined with premium service will download the freqs with program trunking and such into the scanner? Assuming that the police frequencies at least are available, and some others hopefully, that would be a good enough reason to contribute alone. But, I do have a goal to accomplish with the scanner, so if the frequencies aren't here, do I need to search for them the old fashioned way? Or is there a link or a reference somewhere that everyone knows about which I haven't yet found.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Welcome

Remember, part of the fun of this hobby is finding those missing frequencies using your scanner.

You have found a great resource in this web site. This web site and its database are constantly evolving, with the efforts of the owner, the administrators, and the members. Each and everyone of us put time and effort into building the database. We also have lots of fun and learn a lot by discussing our hobby here in the forums.

I am most assured you will get your answer very shortly. Specify for what exactly you are seeking. You should probably post a thread asking your question in the Oregon Radio Discussion Forum. They probably are more knowledgeable about your area, there.

Access to the database does not require membership. As others have written, becoming a member gives you access to many features (including My Radio Reference (MyRR), CSV and PDF Downloads, robust reports and searches of frequency data, and access to the RadioReference Web Service which provides downloads of frequency data to popular scanner programming software applications). Membership also ensures this web site will remain available for us all to use and continue to evolve.

Welcome to the club and to the hobby. :)

Oregon Radio Discussion Forum link: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
just don't be afraid to ask question. that was I did first when I got started.
I still do not have the money to be a paid member, but try to help out where I can that is what matters the most

Preposterous

Thanks for the warm welcome. And all the links. I can see the site is pretty awesome. I need to learn a few things about scanning but I appreciate the infomation I have gotton from the site already. And I believe you guys have answered some of my questions pretty well.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
sfdf said:
just don't be afraid to ask question. that was I did first when I got started.
I still do not have the money to be a paid member, but try to help out where I can that is what matters the most

If you have questions just be sure to use the Search button first! I would hate for you to fall prey to the public floggings from the Search Nazis!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.