Radio Reference and the SDS-200 / 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

tormedic

I have both a sds 200 and 100. I love the data base feature on the SD card and the gps locator accessories.

I have a list of conventional frequencies I would like to input or pull into it that I can scan them.

I understand the menu with in the scanner software of how to ie select ems or fire or military etc.

This conventional frequencies I am not sure how to locate within this menu or input them

hope someone can help thanks

steve

p.s. if your scanning these MOH ambulance frequencies if you can give me a call I have some other questions thanks
Steve Wilton Ret ACP Toronto Paramedic Services, former MEDCOM dispatcher
647-230-7226air ambulance frequencies re RR.png

Ubbe

This conventional frequencies I am not sure how to locate within this menu or input them
Please inform if you intend to enter the frequencies directly into the scanners menu, a bit tedious and not much overview, or using Sentinel or ProScan or ARC?

GPS coordinates are entered per Department, the group where conventional frequencies are programmed. If you want frequencies to have different coordinates and different range then you'll have to create a Department for each geographical location.

/Ubbe

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
the listed frequencies above i am interested in getting into my sds-100 / 200
Those frequencies, along with the entire database of frequencies for Canada and the US are already in your scanners, and in the Sentinel software. Just be sure your database is up to date.

1659023263762.png

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have a list of conventional frequencies I would like to input or pull into it that I can scan them.
Install Sentinel software on your PC. Put the frequencies into a Favorites list. Upload that to your scanner. Seems simple. :)

If you have a small list, hand entering (or cut and paste from the website) is as "easy" as other options. When you have 100s of frequencies, then you want to create the Favorites List in a more automated fashion. There's a learning curve either way. Many people just use the zip code feature, but it will also be a lot of work to narrow down the result to just what you want to monitor.

tormedic

Install Sentinel software on your PC. Put the frequencies into a Favorites list. Upload that to your scanner. Seems simple. :)

If you have a small list, hand entering (or cut and paste from the website) is as "easy" as other options. When you have 100s of frequencies, then you want to create the Favorites List in a more automated fashion. There's a learning curve either way. Many people just use the zip code feature, but it will also be a lot of work to narrow down the result to just what you want to monitor.
are those scanners below the message ones you own now?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
are those scanners below the message ones you own now?
Yes. Running various models for various reasons 24/7. For example, using PRO-95 with discriminator tap to feed UniTrunker. SDS is now required for (simulcast) P25 trunking, but my favorite is still PSR-310 (for CHP).

Status
Not open for further replies.