Radio Reference database incompletely updating Sentinel Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2man

In Oklahoma, Oklahoma County, my Sentinel database, updated from Radio Reference is missing a conventional frequency for Oklahoma County Sheriff Eastern Net 465.400 Mhz. This is clearly listed in RR, but apparently didn't download to Sentinel. I cannot edit, or simply add this information to my favorites list. It appears there is no EDIT function or Cut and Paste available in Sentinel.

Is this an oversight with the download? Do I need to use ScanPro or Arc536 to add this frequency to my SDS200?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can add it with Sentinel also. 465.400 is the input to the 460.400 repeater should not be needed even as a talkaround it would interfere with the repeater input for others.

460.40000 465.40000 KNGK230 RM146.2 PLEast Okla Co NetEastern County Net (North) Sheriff Ch 9 FMN Law Dispatch

B2man

I can see the info in RR... I can't add this information in any way to Sentinel. Sentinel gets updated from RR database, but this particular one didn't come with the database. Sentinel is what I'm currently trying to use to put data into the SDS200... If I can't put the data, manually, into Sentinel, I can't enter it into the scanner (or I don't know how yet to manually enter it into the SDS200).

B2man

My Bad... Oops... I see the repeater output is listed in the database so now that I'm awake, that isn't the issue... I just wonder now if there is a way to edit Sentinel if needed...

buddrousa... thanks for the very prompt reply earlier.

N9JIG

Sheriff
You cannot edit the Sentinel database yourself, but like Budd advised, create a Favorites List and add it to a System within the Favorites List.

That said, you probably do not need to do anything with this particular frequency. It is the input to a repeater, you will hear all the traffic on 465.400 thru the repeater on 460.400, that is how repeaters work.

B2man

Got it... Thanks guys for the help... I drove down to Ham radio Outlet yesterday in Dallas to pick this SDS200 up... I've been using a GRE PSR600 and ARC500... it's coming along though...

Status
Not open for further replies.