Radio Reference is it real or is it Memorex?

Radio Reference is it real or is it Memorex?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BODA

Ahh, sorry to burst anyones bubble here but you might want to hear this.

Here I am like most nights doing my online community college classes, while listening to radio frequencies
out of PHX, AZ and if this did not happen twice I may not if gave it much thought but, well, Last night I heard
conversations between 2 cops as they were staking out an apartment full of bad guys.
I noticed one part of their conversation, then ended up turning off the player to concentrate on my school work.
About an hour later I turned it back on, I was blown away when I heard the same dam conversation again.
I thought hmmm?

Forgetting all about that, tonight here I am doing pretty much the same thing, I shut it off for a while and then
turned it back on and again heard a different conversation between 2 cops but I heard this conversation before like close to 2 hours earlier.

Now I don't have a home scanner to compare if it is or if it is not real time audio that is playing or are we
all being duped into believing this is in fact real, but what I can't understand is, if we are hearing real time then explain to me why I heard those conversations twice and in consecutive nights or evenings.

Can someone tell me if they encountered anything similar or

Is this real or is it Memorex?

BODA

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The feeds are hosted by thousands of individual users here. What you hear is real time, minus normal net delays.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hearing repeated audio is a common problem with the webplayer (you can search one of the many hundred threads on this). Use something other than the webplayer and you shouldn't have this issue.

BTW....what feed was this?

richtidd

Database Admin
Ahh, sorry to burst anyones bubble here but you might want to hear this.

Here I am like most nights doing my online community college classes, while listening to radio frequencies
out of PHX, AZ and if this did not happen twice I may not if gave it much thought but, well, Last night I heard
conversations between 2 cops as they were staking out an apartment full of bad guys.
I noticed one part of their conversation, then ended up turning off the player to concentrate on my school work.
About an hour later I turned it back on, I was blown away when I heard the same dam conversation again.
I thought hmmm?

Forgetting all about that, tonight here I am doing pretty much the same thing, I shut it off for a while and then
turned it back on and again heard a different conversation between 2 cops but I heard this conversation before like close to 2 hours earlier.

Now I don't have a home scanner to compare if it is or if it is not real time audio that is playing or are we
all being duped into believing this is in fact real, but what I can't understand is, if we are hearing real time then explain to me why I heard those conversations twice and in consecutive nights or evenings.

Can someone tell me if they encountered anything similar or

Is this real or is it Memorex?

BODA

All feeds on RR Live Audio are live.

Neither the feed owner nor RR Live Audio has the ability to play a re-runs or recordings of feeds.

You maybe listening to the feed via the web player.

If so, the looping or repeating, echo, re buffering or stopping, of the feed is a known bug with the player & sometimes with WMP and the Java player as well.

What you are hearing is audio that was cached by the browser the last time you listened along with the current feed audio.

You can try clearing your browser cash.

To clear the Java Plug-in cache:
1.Click Start > Control Panel.
2.Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
The Java Control Panel appears.
3.Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
4.Click Delete Files.
The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
1.Delete Files
2.View Applications
3.View Applets
5.Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
6.Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
Note: If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.

To listen to your feed via computer:
To best listen to the RR Live Audio Feeds on your computer, I suggest you use any of the these players: iTunes, Winamp or VLC as listed here: Computer Based Applications.

BODA

Hearing repeated audio is a common problem with the webplayer (you can search one of the many hundred threads on this). Use something other than the webplayer and you shouldn't have this issue.

BTW....what feed was this?
Maricopa County, Arizona (AZ) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

THIS IS THE PLAYER URL IT IS SET UP TO PLAY THE

PHOENIX EAST VALLEY, THE ISSUE I RECALL WAS
IT REPEATED THE SAME CONVERSATION TWO HOURS
LATER
AND THE PLAYER WAS STILL OPEN, SO YES IT MAY
BE THAT IT NEEDED TO REFRESH, BUT HOW
DID IT RECORD THAT CONVERSATION?
I DON'T THINK MY CACHE WAS THE CULPRIT SEEING
HOW IT ERASES AND TIMES OUT BEFORE TWO HOURS.

IT IS A MYSTERY

BODA

Last edited by a moderator:

BODA

Re:

Yes, I do have my cache timed so every 30 min. it auto deletes those internet cache files.

So I don't know if it was directly that seeing how it was two hrs. later and it happened on

two different days and two different conversations, No I did not go through the twilight zone.

I just don't know what to make of it, because honestly it appears to be working fine and when

the 911 dispatch calls out to the field and the cops check in, the time code is on the money.

I don't know what to think.

BODA

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I have heard my own feed do the same thing. Clearing internet files will fix it.

But it is real time (or as close as you can get with internet congestion, buffering and so on...)

My transmission delay is usually about 20 seconds or less. Oddly, I have more delay listening to my feed locally (over my LAN) than I do when using RR through their system.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I host a real life, real time, real people feed. I've never heard any repeated audio, though I don't doubt it's possibility.

KC0FZZ

I've sat in my shack listening to the feed online and the analog scanner 5 feet away set to monitor the same fire-pagers. There was maybe a five second delay, but the calls I heard on RR were in fact live.

Astrak

All feeds on RR Live Audio are live.

Neither the feed owner nor RR Live Audio has the ability to play a re-runs or recordings of feeds.

[/URL].
Nahh I have everything recorded locally so I could loop back recorded audio, but I don't that would just be mean.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Nahh I have everything recorded locally so I could loop back recorded audio, but I don't that would just be mean.

Well, I suppose I do to. I use a HP-1, which records. And occasionally I tap the instant playback if I missed something. Since the computer's connected- that would give the appearance of looping...

BODA

I am going to try to add the URL to my VLC player and see what becomes?

This is going to get interesting.....

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Yes, I do have my cache timed so every 30 min. it auto deletes those internet cache files.

So I don't know if it was directly that seeing how it was two hrs. later and it happened on

two different days and two different conversations, No I did not go through the twilight zone.

I just don't know what to make of it, because honestly it appears to be working fine and when

the 911 dispatch calls out to the field and the cops check in, the time code is on the money.

I don't know what to think.

BODA

It's all a conspiracy to mess with your mind. We are all in on it muahahaha. Holy paranoia.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
It's all a conspiracy to mess with your mind. We are all in on it muahahaha. Holy paranoia.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Every now and then I'll listen to the Phila., PD feed here on RR as well as my Pro 197 scanner, there is a delay, but it's only about 5 seconds or so.

I as a feed provider can state for a fact that I am providing RR with live audio from my scanner.

There is a delay of a minute or two with the feed from RR. I have two feeds I host directly and the delay is a few seconds. I am guessing RR has some buffering going on at their end that causes the longer delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.