Radio Reference Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
How does RR entice new members to join? Would it also help the finances if we had more paying members?

I think RR's reputation plays a big part in new membership. It sure would help finances with more paying members. Thanks for your support!(y)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
We can change that. There is no need to be smug about it. :rolleyes:

Your site, your rules, and I'll abide by them.

Not trying to sound smug, just pointing out that ad blockers are a reality.
Some websites are pretty much ruined with advertisements, pop ups, scrips running, etc. This one isn't, and thanks for the effort you put into that. But I do keep an ad blocker on my browser for my own sanity. It's SOP at work. AdBlock requires a subscription to allow all ads by site. The free version only allows On/Off, or allowing ads on specific pages. Since I don't want to completely do away with the ad blocker, I leave it in place.

I have donated to other similar websites, like Communications Support, to keep things going. But then again, they don't run ads (not that I'm aware of) on their site.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
We can change that. There is no need to be smug about it. :rolleyes:

those of you that are all proud of yourselves for depriving our business of revenue might just harden my resolve to change things so those with ad blockers have to disable them to access the site.

we’re very cool about ads, we make them as unobtrusive as possible, and as on target as possible.

I have been paying for premium maybe 10 years? It's worth it to me to support this site. Besides, if AOR comes out with one more dog of a radio like the DV-10, I'll be begging blantonl for a name change and my premium status may help me, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.