Radio Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbob1943

I have a Panasonic RF-2600 radio in need of repair. I can't seem to find anyone in the Huntington area who works on radios. This radio has served me well for about 30 years and I hate to part with it. Any repairman suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

lugoffman

bikerbob1943 said:
I have a Panasonic RF-2600 radio in need of repair. I can't seem to find anyone in the Huntington area who works on radios. This radio has served me well for about 30 years and I hate to part with it. Any repairman suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

i have a cousin that works in huntington name tj jenkins he works at R&R ELECTRONIC check him out or at least that company buy the way i live in south carolina and i was born and raised in huntington were abouts you from in huntington i lived by the art gallery used to live nice to chat with some one from back home !!!! buy the way what is wrong with your scanner what is it doing and not doing also i can get my cousin phone number and maybe you and him can get together and work somthing out were he can fix it and it not coust you as much as it would in a store

bikerbob1943

Thanks for the reply. I may be posting on the wrong board. I have and use a couple of scanners but this radio in question is a 6 band receiver which has problems in the am band. The other 5 bands work fine. I've read that the band selector switch is sometimes the problem on this model. It would sometimes jump from 930khz to 950khz for example. It now just shows random numbers on the digital readout and will not tune in at all on am. Messing with the band selector switch seems to have no bearing on helping or hurting the problem. The radio had very good am reception and it was the radio I used to listen to the Reds games at night.

I live in a subdivision in Ona, about 10 miles east of Huntington. Funny you should mention the gallery. Yesterday was a real nice day and I took my granddaughter for a ride on my motorcycle out past the gallery on 8th Street Road. They sure have some great houses out there!

I've ordered a Panasonic service manual for this model thinking it might be of use in repairing it. If you think your cousin could work on it I will take it to him.

Thanks again.

Bob

lugoffman

bikerbob1943 said:
Thanks for the reply. I may be posting on the wrong board. I have and use a couple of scanners but this radio in question is a 6 band receiver which has problems in the am band. The other 5 bands work fine. I've read that the band selector switch is sometimes the problem on this model. It would sometimes jump from 930khz to 950khz for example. It now just shows random numbers on the digital readout and will not tune in at all on am. Messing with the band selector switch seems to have no bearing on helping or hurting the problem. The radio had very good am reception and it was the radio I used to listen to the Reds games at night.

I live in a subdivision in Ona, about 10 miles east of Huntington. Funny you should mention the gallery. Yesterday was a real nice day and I took my granddaughter for a ride on my motorcycle out past the gallery on 8th Street Road. They sure have some great houses out there!

I've ordered a Panasonic service manual for this model thinking it might be of use in repairing it. If you think your cousin could work on it I will take it to him.

Thanks again.

Bob

yea good old 8 street i lived on morrow rd off 8 street and mad i sure do miss it i know a lot of guys in huntington area that would work on it but the only one i know that i trust is tj but i called my aunt and she said he moved to ironton but still works there also he gots his own buisness to some were in proctorsville OH but check with R&R ELECTRONIC FIRST AND ASK FOR TJ JENKINS AND TELL TJ I SENT YOU AND TO DO YOU RIGHT LOL!!! buy the way ona has a pretty good football team ive been hearing this year lol well get back with me you can priviate message me if you want to somtimes if you want

bikerbob1943

There does not seem to be a listing for R&R Electronic that I can find. Would you have a phone number by any chance?

Thanks,

Bob

lugoffman

bikerbob1943 said:
There does not seem to be a listing for R&R Electronic that I can find. Would you have a phone number by any chance?

Thanks,

Bob

MAN I MIGHT ME WRONG WITH THE NAME BUT I THANK ITS R&L THEY ARE LOCATED ON 4TH AVE IN HUNTINGTON AFTER YOU CROSS THE RAIL ROAD TRACKS GOING TOWARD WEST END OF HUNTINGTON SOON AS YOU CROSS THE TRACKS THEY ARE ON THE LEFT JUST SOON AS YOU CROSS THEY MAY BE CALLED R&L F&L ELECTRONIC BUT THEY ARE LOCATED THERE ILL GET A NUMBER FOR YOU LET ME LOOK AND I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU

lugoffman

mike_s104 said:
Just an idea, but would it not be easier and cheaper to just get a new radio?

i dont know it all depends on whats wrong with it my cousin does this type of work as matter of fact he is the one who programed all your 911 centers through out west virginia

bikerbob1943

Don't worry about the phone number. I can find the place with the directions you provided. Yesterday I found a nice radio at Circuit City. They had the Eton E5 on clearance for $84.99. Amazon and Radio Shack are asking $150 for this radio. It really has a lot of neat features. I'll still try to locate your cousin to see if the Panasonic is repairable. Thanks for the information.

Bob

lugoffman

bikerbob1943 said:
Don't worry about the phone number. I can find the place with the directions you provided. Yesterday I found a nice radio at Circuit City. They had the Eton E5 on clearance for $84.99. Amazon and Radio Shack are asking $150 for this radio. It really has a lot of neat features. I'll still try to locate your cousin to see if the Panasonic is repairable. Thanks for the information.

Bob

ok im sorry for the run around but i told him to look out for you

Status
Not open for further replies.