SDR# Radio Scanner Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Hunter

I have a dream, maybe someone could make my dream come true.

I want to record a few radio frequencies that appear in a list. And also have the ability to scribble audio while still recording.

It must:
Be able to run on a raspberry pi
Use the SDR-RTL
Be easy(ish) to install

Make my day and my dream!

Ubbe

I ran "scribble" in googles translator but still do not know what you want to do.
I understand that you want to scan a few frequencies, that are conventional analog, and record the audio, and when the carrier disapperas it continues to scan. But what does scribble do in that process?

/Ubbe

fire42man

HAM2MON might be of interest to you if you need channels to record simultaneously, but it looks like it's limited in scanning ability, and uses GNURadio (in my experience not optimal for Raspberry Pi because of high memory usage).

My project may also be helpful if I understand correctly what you're looking for. It's intended to function like a commercial scanner, but it's designed (and tested) to run on a Pi. Do note that the readme is very out of date - I've added a lot since I wrote it a year ago.
Channel recording is low on my feature wishlist right now, but it would likely only be able to record the channel it is monitoring.

Dark_Hunter

I ran "scribble" in googles translator but still do not know what you want to do.
I understand that you want to scan a few frequencies, that are conventional analog, and record the audio, and when the carrier disapperas it continues to scan. But what does scribble do in that process?

/Ubbe
Hmm, not sure why but it was meant to say scrobble, but even that might be the wrong word. What I'm trying to ask is while it's recording I can go back and listen.
HAM2MON might be of interest to you if you need channels to record simultaneously, but it looks like it's limited in scanning ability, and uses GNURadio (in my experience not optimal for Raspberry Pi because of high memory usage).

My project may also be helpful if I understand correctly what you're looking for. It's intended to function like a commercial scanner, but it's designed (and tested) to run on a Pi. Do note that the readme is very out of date - I've added a lot since I wrote it a year ago.
Channel recording is low on my feature wishlist right now, but it would likely only be able to record the channel it is monitoring.
Oh yeah? Will that make my dream come true? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.