Radio Shack 164 Not taking Motorola Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldstar0971

I just uploaded my 164 using Win 97. Everything on the conventional side works fine. The Motorola UHF Trunking does not stop on talk group IDs that are programmed, yet if I manually work through the channels finding traffic, the ID's are appropriately read. All Trunk Channels and Control Channels are correct. I have also confirmed the Band Split, Custom Trunking Freq etc.

It just sems like it doesn't see the control channel or any channels. I know I have a strong signal 90-95% when manually stop on control channel.

Does any one have any ideas? This is driving me nuts. I have programmed several of these over the last year. This is a first that doesn't pickup trunked traffic.

Last edited:

mikey60

I just uploaded my 164 using Win 97. Everything on the conventional side works fine. The Motorola UHF Trunking does not stop on talk group IDs that are programmed, yet if I manually work through the channels finding traffic, the ID's are appropriately read. All Trunk Channels and Control Channels are correct. I have also confirmed the Band Split, Custom Trunking Freq etc.

It just sems like it does see the control channel or any channels. I know I have a strong signal 90-95% when manually stop on control channel.

Does any one have any ideas? This is driving me nuts. I have programmed several of these over the last year. This is a first that doesn't pickup trunked traffic.

Do you have the trunking tables set correctly for the system? Which system is it you are trying to monitor?

Mike

Goldstar0971

Follow up

ALl tables are set correctly. I have done several scanners on this system. It is the Ocean County Trunked System. It has the correct settings. If I manually stop the scanner even on the control channel I see the system ID appear. If I manually walk through the channels, I pick up on going conversations, and the appropriate preset ID's actually appear. It just doesn't stop when scanning, regardless of it being open or closed.

Goldstar0971

The scanner works perfectly well on the conventional channels.

It's Ocean County New Jersey

500 MHz Trunked Motorola non P25

mikey60

ALl tables are set correctly. I have done several scanners on this system. It is the Ocean County Trunked System. It has the correct settings. If I manually stop the scanner even on the control channel I see the system ID appear. If I manually walk through the channels, I pick up on going conversations, and the appropriate preset ID's actually appear. It just doesn't stop when scanning, regardless of it being open or closed.

What software, if any, are you using to program with?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.