Radio Shack 651 Private Digital Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
I have been told that the Radio Shack 651 you can not program in a radio's specific radio number and then listen to only them and who they are talking to is this true? If so can i try and program in some radio that are on the MOSWIN radio system or does it not work on P25 radio systems? If anyone knows anything about what i am asking please reply. If it will work on other types of radio systems how do i do private radio traffic and if Radio Shack 651's can not do private radio traffic why do they have the selection for private or group when you program in talkgroups?

budevans

Phase I yes, Phase II no

I have been told that the Radio Shack 651 you can not program in a radio's specific radio number and then listen to only them and who they are talking to is this true? If so can i try and program in some radio that are on the MOSWIN radio system or does it not work on P25 radio systems? If anyone knows anything about what i am asking please reply. If it will work on other types of radio systems how do i do private radio traffic and if Radio Shack 651's can not do private radio traffic why do they have the selection for private or group when you program in talkgroups?

The 651 is a P25 Phase I scanner. MOSWIN is listed in the RR Database as a P25 Phase II (capable) system. If the traffic (Radio ID) you are looking to monitor is Phase II it won't work. But if the traffic (Radio ID) is Phase I, it will work.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
17TLS02 are you asking about Talkgroup ID's or are you asking about a USER ID. Talkgroups could have 100's of individual USER ID's. To give the answer I think you are asking is UID 12345 (Sargent SAM) on TALKGROUP 12348 (LOACAL POLICE) is possible with win500 pretty easy and you scanner will display LOCAL POLICE then it will say SARGENT SAM. This scanner works P25 PHASE 1 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.