Radio Shack Amplified Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireant

I don't remember the model number off the top of my head. However did a search on Radio Shack's web site and have been checking back and it no longer shows them as a item. Was they discontinued or maybe and hopefully just out of stock. Any insights would be appreciated.

Fireant

browsingthru

Re Amplified Communications Extention Speaker

Radioshack carried/carries a couple of different models- one being larger than the other.
The model you are probably interested in is sku. 210-0541(a)* -it was discontinued right before Xmas 2009.
Which is not to say it might not reappear later recontinued, or as another sku number.
The website rarely carries discontinued items, however if you call one of your handy dandy Radioshack stores and ask them to search for sku 21-541 locally - odds are good some are still in area.
an alternative product would be the 21.549- however it is not amplified.
Good luck,
Browsingthru
*the (a) referring to the packaging.

K7CAR

They still stock the 277-1008C amp/speaker for $14.98 I bought one last week and it works great in the car/truck. Add your external speaker of choice and it will blow the doors off any stand alone speaker.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I've got powered speakers that came with desktop computers I no longer have, and they work fine with my portable scanners.
The unpowered computer speakers work with 120-volt scanners like the Pro-197.

Last edited:

orgchemus

The Uniden ESP-20 is a great external speaker and can be found at most truck stops. I bought mine at a truck stop in Rapid City, SD.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I don't remember the model number off the top of my head. However did a search on Radio Shack's web site and have been checking back and it no longer shows them as a item. Was they discontinued or maybe and hopefully just out of stock. Any insights would be appreciated.

Fireant

For mobile use, 2100541 is a 7.5 watt output speaker powered from the vehicle. $37
For portable use, 2771008 would work. This one has internal batteries or uses a 9v adapter $15

Status
Not open for further replies.