Radio Shack Antennas - Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

n2mdk said:
If you search Google you will find other places but here is one http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/scanants/2368.html
It comes in BNC as well as SMA versions.

Thanks Again! Only place I found'em was Universal Radio, Ordered One! Thanks Again! Hope it works 9 miles away in the boonies, That's my main problem, From my grandma's in the county I can't hardly hear anything Hopefully that will change.. Thanks Again Jerri!

NWtoSFO

The RH77CA works very well. I also use the RS 800mhz antenna and their telescoping antenna. Both work well. As I said, any are better than the stock shipped with the radio.

I'm not exactly sure what some people are doing that all of their antennas are suffering this problem. I take my scanner and camera everywhere and I remove the antenna nearly everytime I turn off the scanner. Never had the problem of the antenna getting loose. Oh, well. You be pleased with your Diamond.

btritch

NWtoSFO said:
The RH77CA works very well. I also use the RS 800mhz antenna and their telescoping antenna. Both work well. As I said, any are better than the stock shipped with the radio.

I'm not exactly sure what some people are doing that all of their antennas are suffering this problem. I take my scanner and camera everywhere and I remove the antenna nearly everytime I turn off the scanner. Never had the problem of the antenna getting loose. Oh, well. You be pleased with your Diamond.

I do that, In both cars I have external mag mounts and in the house I have my scantenna so the only time I need that dinky little rs antenna is when I carry it wit me or visit other places but like you, My scanner goes EVERYWHERE I GO whether it be out to eat or out of town, If I go, It goes, I go to my grandma's about 10 miles out of town, In the boonies where a cell phone won't even pick up, to the point where on the RS antenna I have to hold it just right to hear the SO which is county wide, In the house I can hear it but it's hard, I hope the diamond fixes that problem...will it?

Or have you ever tried to use it that far out from everything?

And from what you're saying, It wont become loose like the stock RS antenna's do?, I'm using a Uniden antenna at the moment because the RS one got so bad...Thanks for the info..

lugoffman

NWtoSFO said:

funny you should say that most of the time mine sets at the desk but like i was saying earlyer it came out of the box that way and as far as the rs 800mhz duckie cant tell any difference from the stock antenna my opinion the rs 800mhz duckie was a waste of time and money i liked the looks though but didnt see any difference and my over all opinion i thank radio shack is getting slack on there product

btritch

lugoffman said:
funny you should say that most of the time mine sets at the desk but like i was saying earlyer it came out of the box that way and as far as the rs 800mhz duckie cant tell any difference from the stock antenna my opinion the rs 800mhz duckie was a waste of time and money i liked the looks though but didnt see any difference and my over all opinion i thank radio shack is getting slack on there product

I totally agree, Looks like it's time to swap back to Uniden or GRE next time, LOL

Allan_Love_Jr

mancow said:
They use cheap ass BNC connectors. I can't figure out why the standard was not set on TNC. It's a threaded connecor the size of a BNC and that would have eliminated all of this.
You hit the nail on the head right there. You couldn't be more right.

NWtoSFO

I would prefer a threaded connector, also.

As far as taking it out in the boonies, I put on the Diamond for a variety of scanning. If I leave work and see a fire, I'll use it because it picks up agencies in the 155-160 range much better than the RS 800. I also go train chasing about once a month and found that the Diamond and RS telescoping antennas work better than the 800. But, here in Sacramento, the 800 and telescoping outperform any others when receiving the 800mhz trunked systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.