Radio Shack BS Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireant

I ordered a Pro 107 that was in stock on Saturday. They had already charged my card and said according to the website that the item was located and in stock. Then got home from work today to find a email from you guessed it Radio Shack to tell me that they was unable to process my order because the item was out of stock.

How does that work? I mean if you don't have the item to start with then don't post that you have it in stock. I say to hell with radio shack. I am done and will buy any more scanners else where. Sorry for the rant just seems like a Crappy way to do someone.

fireant

CStarr59

Fireant, im assuming you ordered this in a RS store correct. I would print out the email and take it to the store and complain, ask questions and complain some more. Talk to the manager directly and see if he can resolve your issue one way or the other. Also make sure they refund your card promply. I have several RS in my area and I will only deal with one store, I've had bad experiences in the other stores.

fireant

My thought is they say its out of stock, I am more mad at they said to reorder the item. I should not have to wait and reorder the item and pay full price. I was getting if on sale for 199.99 and found a coupon for another $20.00 off making the radio 179.99 and taxes and everything $195.06. I did not ask them to cancel the order and feel they should have to honor that price. Anyone think I stand a chance I don't mind calling in or going to a store if that would help any.

Thanks

fireant

RadioDaze

I had the exact opposite experience at Scannermaster. They had the PSR-500 on sale in November but ran out of them. They assured folks that if they ordered before the sale was over, they would honor the sale price and ship the scanners when they finally arrived. The scanners came in a few days later and they shipped immediately. First rate service, class act company.

When the GRE version is available (PSR-700, IIRC) it would be nice to buy from ScannerMaster. The proto of the 700 at CES was better looking than the RS version, IMHO, and may have more features.

Last edited:

fireant

Scanner Master is a great company, I have never had a bad experience with them and have ordered at least 3 radios through them. I always recommend them. Radio Shack needs to take some lessons from them they may learn something.

fireant

Geez, can you people just suck it up and move on, yea life's not fair, I like radio shack, I like my Pro-107, looks like you should have bought the 107 when it was on sale.

Greg V

fireant

You must not have read my post, I bought the 107 on sale however they canceled my order because they failed to mention that they showed it in stock and now they claim its out of stock. I am sure if it happened to you that there would be something to say about it. Its not about the money its about good business and with every retailer hurting for business they need to respect the customers that they have because if they don't they will go else where. You may look at safetyobc post as well, I am not the only one who had this happen.

Last edited:
You must not have read my post, I bought the 107 on sale however they canceled my order because they failed to mention that they showed it in stock and now they claim its out of stock. I am sure if it happened to you that there would be something to say about it. Its not about the money its about good business and with every retailer hurting for business they need to respect the customers that they have because if they don't they will go else where. You may look at safetyobc post as well, I am not the only one who had this happen.

Fine, then don't shop at Radio Shack, what does this have to do with scanner freq/operations, just looks like you are hammering on RS, this is not the venue, I can share all my opinions about everything and turn my posts into a poor me section, you have a problem about the way RS does bussiness contact them, I dont want to have to listen to it, I came here to learn about scanners, not listen to people whine.

There is not one thing anybody on this forum can do to make RS do ANYTHING...That makes this a ***** session.

Greg V

fireant

You don't have to respond to it either, this is to help the others on here not to fall victim to the same thing. I would not hammer on a business if they did things right. Its not a poor me section contacting them solves nothing it has been noted if you read the post on the ISCAN discussion. I did not ask you or anyone on here to do a damn thing about it. So if you don't like what I have to say then don't read my post. This has to do with Radio Shack scanners. Last I remember I have a right to my freedom of speech as a citizen of the United States.

kc7mwp

Did they actually cancel it or place it on backorder. Usually they will put it on backorder unless you tell them otherwise. Also you didn't say where you gt it from the website or a company store, That looks like the new one made by GRE, saw it at the CES in January. The reason they were out of stock was so many people wanted. Question is did you get your money back? If you ordered it online you could have selected the back in stock function or look to see if there are any stores around that might have it. I did see it and was not impressed, but then I don't like the IPod either and if you look close you will see that is what it looks like.

You don't have to respond to it either, this is to help the others on here not to fall victim to the same thing. I would not hammer on a business if they did things right. Its not a poor me section contacting them solves nothing it has been noted if you read the post on the ISCAN discussion. I did not ask you or anyone on here to do a damn thing about it. So if you don't like what I have to say then don't read my post. This has to do with Radio Shack scanners. Last I remember I have a right to my freedom of speech as a citizen of the United States.

So if it was already addressed in a nother thread then why start this on, Also If I don't read your post how do I know what is says.

Maybe we need a forum for people to complain about things.

Just remember I have a right a right to freeddom of speach as do you.

Greg V

fireant

kc7mwp,

I ordered it online as it was on sale as a on line only type deal. I also used a coupon and got the radio for 179.99 before taxes. They canceled the order it was not my choice and told me in the email I would have to reorder. Problem is the radio goes off sell 1-31. I guess I did not need it, I have lots of other radios its was just something that really bothered me as in the past, I have never had problems dealing with Radio Shack however have not done business with them in a long time. I will go elsewhere from now on.

kc7mwp,

I ordered it online as it was on sale as a on line only type deal. I also used a coupon and got the radio for 179.99 before taxes. They canceled the order it was not my choice and told me in the email I would have to reorder. Problem is the radio goes off sell 1-31. I guess I did not need it, I have lots of other radios its was just something that really bothered me as in the past, I have never had problems dealing with Radio Shack however have not done business with them in a long time. I will go elsewhere from now on.

well I would contact my congressman, my Lawyer, my Clergy, heck even My ex-wife, GET OVER IT

fireant

I would get over real quick if you would quit coming in here and being a troll and starting stuff. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY THEN DON'T READ IT. I posted this as a WARNING to others forum members on here. I did not ask janesvillegreg to come on here and try to be a moderator. I am done arguing with you as you have nothing better to do. So have fun flaming others on here as you will not last long if you continue to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get over real quick if you would quit coming in here and being a troll and starting stuff. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY THEN DON'T READ IT. I posted this as a WARNING to others forum members on here. I did not ask janesvillegreg to come on here and try to be a moderator. I am done arguing with you as you have nothing better to do. So have fun flaming others on here as you will not last long if you continue to do so.

Wow such language, you should read the forum rules, I find that offensive.

I don't want this forum turing into a ***** forum for people to piss and moan.

I am not going away, I have as much right to say what I say as you have to say what you say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.