Radio Shack Coupons toward purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

For those that are looking for a discount on Scanners or equipment from RS they sent out a booklet (Blue and Purple) in the mail. Inside you will find coupons for $15 on in store purchases and $25 on online purchases. While in the store picking up my 96 I ask the manager about FF but he said he hadn't heard anything about it this year and told me about these, which were in the mailbox when I got home.

hoser147

There are a few exclusions on it, Apple products, gaming hardware and software and gift certificates. Just dont want anyone thats looking to make a purchase throw it out as junk mail.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
To me, it's the worst sale I've seen from the shack.

$15 has two coupons, one each per person. First is from 11/15 to 11/25, Second is from 12/1 to 12/12. Exclusions on both Apple products, gaming hardware/software, laptop/notebooks, gift cards, services, orders on line/phone orders.The item purchased must be at least 60 bucks.

$25 has two coupons with same dates and per person as $15. Exclusions on both are notebooks, gaming, digital cameras/camcorders, MP3 players, GPS, gift cards, services, special orders and wireless phones. The item purchased must be at least 100 bucks

Economic conditions are very poor as 25 bucks off a 500 buck scanner is peanuts when the same scanner was discounted nearly 9 times that amount last November.

hoser147

Frank I got to agree on peanuts, its nothing near what it was last year, but the deal on the scanners last year was later on in the month and into December if I remember correctly. But by this time last year we had some details on the upcoming FF coupons and the sale on the scanners. This year there doesnt seem to be the chatter about it. Who knows if they will do the deep sales this year, everyone was wondering why they were doing it with such a slim profit margin. Makes you wonder if they put them out there to carve a niche in the market prior to the higher demand for digital scanners. Only time will tell if they will repeat the big sales again this year. I for one sure hope so.......

You've got questions, so do we.

I stopped by the Shack at Findlay Village Mall yesterday and walked over to the scanner display. No Pro-106 or 197 were to be seen. A female associate (could have even been the manager) came over and asked if she could help.
I said "Pro-197" and she said that "everything they had was out". Didn't seem to have a clue that this scanner even existed. It was kind of like asking someone at K-Mart a question.
RadioShack needs a lot more than a fancy new moniker to earn my business. The F&F coupon would be a good start.

HCH

SCPD

QRT
If/When they drop back to 349.99 I'll get the 106. I bought the 197 for that back in August

RadioDaze

If retail sales across the board turn out to be as weak as predicted this year, RS might try more aggressive sales as the holidays get closer. $15 for an in-store purchase of $60 or more? Not too impressive. People who purchased an Entertainment Book would have found an RS coupon for $10 off of a $40 or more walk-in purchase, and it was good for the whole year, so you could save it until you needed something.

When the Pro-106 debuted, they offered it at $299, and closed the Pro-96 out at $199 (which I bought.) Maybe this will make some people wait for the 106's successor, perhaps at a discount. Or at least a 106 at a close-out price. But that might be a few years away.

cfr301

I stopped by the Shack at Findlay Village Mall yesterday and walked over to the scanner display. No Pro-106 or 197 were to be seen. A female associate (could have even been the manager) came over and asked if she could help.
I said "Pro-197" and she said that "everything they had was out". Didn't seem to have a clue that this scanner even existed. It was kind of like asking someone at K-Mart a question.
RadioShack needs a lot more than a fancy new moniker to earn my business. The F&F coupon would be a good start.

HCH

Go to PC Solutions in Ottawa its a Radio Shack DEALER owned store Tell them Rick in Wapak Sent you, I got GREAT deals on both my scanners Really Nice Folks there!! I'm talking 100.00 off Radio Shacks price!

Or Talk to H:)ser hes a pretty good joe might be able to fix ya up too.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin

HCH

There again, they make the money in Cell phone sales, not scanners. I'm not at all shocked to hear she had no idea what a PRO-197 was.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack Coupons

If I didn't get them is there a place I might pick them up. I want to purchase something in the $80.00 price range.
Thanks Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.