Radio Shack has lowered the price of the PRO-96 and 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Yawn!......

Not enough to make me jump. I will wait till they go into the discontinued clearance prices. Then it will be worth it. Just my opinion...

Manny

lugoffman

Not enough to make me jump. I will wait till they go into the discontinued clearance prices. Then it will be worth it. Just my opinion...

Manny

Yea !! me eather, the psr 500 is a bit tricky but a real good one , but I have always wanted a pro96 sometimes I wish I had waited untill the prices of the psr 500 went down but had to have one lol!!!!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm!

Good point!
I didnt even notice the 97 gone, good catch. I wonder what they lowered it to?

Manny

rayrayinky

a friend of mine bought the pro-2096 and i wasn't impressed with it at all the only good features i seen that it had was the digital option and the updated frequencies if you do the firmware upgrade it opens the 700 mhz range up i had a problem of it rounding certain freq's up while i was programming it for him all in all its a nice setup but my older analog scanners pick up with better range than it so until the price drops I wouldn't suggest buying one

cousinkix1953

Pro 96 and 2096

The Pro 96 scanners are going for $350.00 + on EBAY. Still a bit less than the new Radio Shack prices. No need for a digital unit in this area yet. You can get the older analog Pro 97s for about $125.00 - $150.00 these days. Thats all I need to hear the few trunked systems in use. I bought mine mainly to use when there is no PG&E power during storms...

Status
Not open for further replies.