radio shack hi uhf/vhf outdoor antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

to be honest i think this antenna sucks at my cuzins house it did better inside then outside i thought for a sec this antenna is a joke now it really sucks

bigbud42010

i live in springfield ohio an i have no problems with local stuff but i wanna get dayton trs and montgomery county i got them the other nite but not now does being in a concrete building prolly dont help

Mike-KC8OWL

Another option depending on your situation would be to simply try the RS 800MHz duck antenna on the back of your scanner (not sure if you are using a desktop of hand held). This antenna works very well in the 800 band and might actually be a relatively inexpensive option to try.

800MHz Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com

shack hi uhf/vhf outdoor antenna

Another option depending on your situation would be to simply try the RS 800MHz duck antenna on the back of your scanner (not sure if you are using a desktop of hand held). This antenna works very well in the 800 band and might actually be a relatively inexpensive option to try.

800MHz Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com

I'm on the west side of Columbus near the Tuttle Mall. With that antenna on my BCD396T I can bring in Madison, Union, Delaware, Licking, Fairfield and Pickaway counties quite clearly. I can't say how Clark County does because I've never thought to open that bank up.

We make some frequent trips to Xenia and never have any trouble pulling stuff in from north of 70.You may want to double check the settings on your scanner too. I'm getting ready to run an external inside the house within the next month or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.