Radio Shack Lowering Digital Scanner Prices to $399

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We've been informed that starting Thursday, April 1st 2010, Radio Shack is lowering their every day price on their digital scanner lineup to $399.

The models included in this price reduction are the Pro-106 and the Pro-197.

Pro-197 - The RadioReference Wiki
Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki

I can assure you that this is not an April fools joke.

This is great news.. enjoy!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sounds like a good deal. I'm wondering how this will effect the GRE PSR500/600 prices?

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
I wish they were $279.99 like the sale they had back in Dec 08. I would love to get me another one for use at work.

Michael-SATX

GQQD questions asked so far, with the Pro-106 and Pro-197 dropping down to $399 ...
Will the prices of the PSR-500 and PSR-600 also drop down $100 bucks too ?
Will Uniden follow suit later on after they watch sales trends for their digital scanners ?

As for my 2 cents, there is so much profit margin in these scanners that Radio $hack
will still make a very healthy profit and actually sell more units with these lower prices.

johnmessner

Radio Shack sells scanners? I thought all they sold were phones! I still remember buying my 106 and nobody in about eight stores could program it, I wonder if they sell their phones without being programmed? I sure hope this doesn't mean another models is coming out, that will be another learning curve.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Radio Shack sells scanners? I thought all they sold were phones! I still remember buying my 106 and nobody in about eight stores could program it, I wonder if they sell their phones without being programmed? I sure hope this doesn't mean another models is coming out, that will be another learning curve.

Thats why you don't rely on RS for programming scanners. Most of those people could not tell you the difference between an analog scanner and a digital scanner. I have seen some of their "programmed" scanners, and quite frankly its a joke, and very generic in nature. If you are going to spend hundreds on a nice digital scanner why not spend the little extra on a program cable and the software and do it yourself. It really isnt that hard.

cj5

Yay, good for Radio Shack. At least one company knows how to adjust to the market, instead of inflating the economy. Going down today to pick one up =)

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yea, when I got my first scanner (pro-106), I was all happy it was pre-programmed. Little did I know how much I was missing. Although, I'm glad I had something to reference from. It did show me how things should be programmed and was a spring board for further programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.