Radio Shack Mobile Magnetic Mount - 800mhz question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Your question depends on what you're interested in hearing? If trunking is your primary interest then There are better shorter antennas available on the market.
Maybe return it for one better suited? :)

n9zas

Last edited:

McP

There are better shorter antennas available on the market for 800mhz. only use.
Maybe return it for one better suited? :)

n9zas

Agreed, but this was a quick pick up since my other one broke. I had to pick this one up to use for the next few days until I can order a specific antenna.

I'd rather not use all 36" and was hoping to make it lower profile in the meantime, without losing any quality to the 800mhz I'm scanning.

gewecke

Banned
I don't know of anyone who has modded the antenna but I'm sure it's been done. ;)

n9zas

McP

If nobody has done it before, I'll just trial and error it when I get to work. Each of the three whips is simply held in by a allen nut and I had to put them all together. I should have just put the top whip on the first coil or base. I'll give it a shot later.

gewecke

Banned
The very bottom of the antenna is the whip for 800mhz. so that one you need to leave, but the others you may be able to remove. ;)

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
Let us know what difference those changes seem to make for you?? There are tons of people here on RR that have and use that same antenna and maybe wanting to do some experimenting too!! :)

n9zas

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
Just came across this thread and curious as to whether anyone has tried this for 800mhz. I know its an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.