Radio Shack Pro 106 - Missing V-Folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a Radio Shack Pro 106 Scanner and by mistake I deleted one of the V-Folders for my area. It was V-Folder 1 which was for the MD, DC, VA greater metropolitan area. I wanted to know if there was a way to restore the original factory settings or just simply restore V-Folder 1 to the original settings? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GrumpyGuard

If you are using one of the software packages you can restore the missing file. I believe on the Pro106 yahoo group site there is a copy of the V file folder for the Win500 program. If you are using PRSEdit I Think I have the V files on disk and I can email it to you

I'm currently using the Arc 500 software. I downloaded the V-Files folder however they have the extension .bin at the end of each file. Does your V-Files have the extension .bin? Please let me know if the files have a different extension because for some reason they don't seem to upload using the Arc 500 software.

N1BHH

You may have done the right thing. These folders are out of date for some areas. Check in the Maryland forum and ask if anyone has a file, and specify what radio and software you use. I'm sure someone down there has an up to date file ready to go. I have erased quite a few of mine and replaced them with various custom files I have made for my various listening modes.

blangell

TristateCapital while i agree with N1BHH's earlier post if you are using arc500 the v folders should have installed into...... program files\buTel\arc500\vscanner when you installed arc500, They are .vsc files.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 527
Status
Not open for further replies.