Status
Not open for further replies.

benaglio

Greetings -

I am completely new to the modern world of Scanners - and I need somewhere to start. My wife purchased me a Pro-106 scanner. We live in Gibsonia, PA (15044), and our local police/fire department is Hampton Township. I have a print-out from a friend of mine who works for the township that has conventional channels, but I am having trouble programming them in - does anyone have advice or know of a step-by-step tutorial online?

Thanks for your help in advance - I hope to be listening to the airwaves soon!

Greetings -

I am completely new to the modern world of Scanners - and I need somewhere to start. My wife purchased me a Pro-106 scanner. We live in Gibsonia, PA (15044), and our local police/fire department is Hampton Township. I have a print-out from a friend of mine who works for the township that has conventional channels, but I am having trouble programming them in - does anyone have advice or know of a step-by-step tutorial online?

The conventional frequencies are the easier ones to program, it's when you start putting in trunked groups and use control channels. I myself and few others on here program are Pro 106 by hand. So we can help you to our best of knowledge and welcome to Radio Reference.

Easy to read manual
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Greetings -

You'll enjoy this radio once you learn how to use it! Conventional channels are no harder to program than talkgroups in most cases.
I programmed my pro-197 by hand and it wasn't that hard.
Enjoy! :)
n9zas

KB1UAM

i have the same radio it is a very excellent piece of equipment... first you have to press the program button once, then press the F1 button once then you press the F2 button which will bring you to the conventional system. it is very easy. then you press the down button once then press the select button then after that you just program the frequency you want then hit done or F1 then F1 again to save it inoto memory. if you want to put a text tag onto the channel after you hit done then go down 1 spot then select tag then you put in your towns name or whatever you want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.