Radio Shack PRO-162..Price Increase !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakemcgraw

I just wanted to note, I was on the Radio Shack website this morning and seen they now increased the price of the PRO-162 handheld scanner from $199.99 to $219.99...Whats up with the shack this is the second scanner in the past month or so, Last time it was the PRO-163 went the same price route as the 162 now...No offence but radio shack should be running more sales, not jumping up prices.

n0lqt

I just wanted to note, I was on the Radio Shack website this morning and seen they now increased the price of the PRO-162 handheld scanner from $199.99 to $219.99...Whats up with the shack this is the second scanner in the past month or so, Last time it was the PRO-163 went the same price route as the 162 now...No offence but radio shack should be running more sales, not jumping up prices.

Oh, and you bought gas this morning for $2.19/gal right?

Always remember, consumers are at the end of a long supply tube. Wholesale cost of the item is just the middle of that tube. Toss in transportation costs (diesel fuel over $4.70/gal), value of the dollar in foreign markets (slipping badly recently), cost of packaging (see diesel fuel above), advertising, employee labor expense (min wage just went up today), employee benefit expenses (when was the last time the cost of your health insurance premium went down?) and many others. Sometimes a retailer just has to increase the price to maintain an acceptable profit margin to make the shareholders happy...

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
If sales aren't good enough, it might come down.

In the other hand, I'd say that most knowers prefer paying $199 for a Uniden than $220 for a GRE, so they might be trying to help the sales of the Pro-164

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Makes no sense!

I just dont get them sometimes. Radios have always been more expensive when they are first released. After time, there is a sale price and eventualy, the price for it drops when it is discontinued. They put the 162 on sale when it FIRST came out at $169.99. Thats where I picked one up. Then it went to $199 which seemed for a while that was going to be the regular price. Now its going UP? What the Hell kind of sales or marketing strategy is THAT? Have they just flat out lost their minds? Unreal!

Manny

n2mdk

No I think they are trying to get rid of the Pro-97 and 2055's so they raised the prices on the 162 and 163.

Statevillian

I got mine when it was $169.00 when it first came out. None in the stores so it was shipped direct. Nice little rig for that price....very nice. I think the amount they sold straight out of the gate was a good indicator them.

Status
Not open for further replies.