Radio Shack Pro-163 Programming for a Novice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnthomas

I NEED HELP! I just got a pro-163 and am anxious to use it. I have saved my talk groups and when I go to scan them, I get the message "All Channels locked out!". What am I doing wrong?? The user manual is useless so anyone who has actually done this would be much more helpful

N8IAA

I NEED HELP! I just got a pro-163 and am anxious to use it. I have saved my talk groups and when I go to scan them, I get the message "All Channels locked out!". What am I doing wrong?? The user manual is useless so anyone who has actually done this would be much more helpful

My guess is that you didn't put in the Control Channel frequencies into the bank channels. TGID's won't work if there is no working frequencies for the radio to decode. All channels locked out, means that either you don't have frequencies programmed into the bank, or, the frequencies are Locked Out. When you turn on the scanner, press manual, then press 000.This will take you to Bank 0, channel 000. If there is a frequency programmed, you will see it. If the channel shows: 0.00000. There is no frequency programmed. Oh, it would be easier if you let us know where and what you are trying to monitor:)
Larry

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
As Larry said, make sure you are scanning the bank(S) you programed the frequencies into. as an example, if there are no frequencies programed into bank 5 and that is the only bank you are scanning, then that is the message you will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.