Radio Shack PRO-164 no sound issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaJaKL

Hello, I've got a weird issue with my PRO-164. I've had the scanner for almost 2 years now and have never had any problems with it. I've listened to trunked systems (Anne Arundel County, MD), conventional (West Mifflin, PA & PA State Police Turnpike). I've even listened to CB's. This thing ran constantly and worked great.

Just last week it started with no audio on the conventional channels. I have not tried the trunked channels, but I'm pretty sure there will be the same issue. I adjusted the squelch to no avail. I even tried the WX channels and no sound from them either. My first thought was to re-program. I re-loaded the firmware and the channel files using ARC-300. It worked fine all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Come Monday morning, it's doing the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to completely wipe it back to factory zero and start over again? I don't think there is anything wrong with the internal components, except maybe the memory... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.