Radio Shack Pro-164 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicary

OK, so the manual for the Pro-164 may have well been written in Chinese!! I have just 2 questions for you people:

1. Where can I get the program that will upload the scanner and trunking frequencies to my scanner? I am running windows XP home edition.

2. Does this scanner make my butt look big??

Thanks for any help you can deliver.

-T

911ert

OK, so the manual for the Pro-164 may have well been written in Chinese!! I have just 2 questions for you people:

1. Where can I get the program that will upload the scanner and trunking frequencies to my scanner? I am running windows XP home edition.

-T
Download Win97 or ARC300 you can try them for a while before you have to pay for them, but it is well worth it. You will need the programming cable from the Shack as well. Good Luck!

N8IAA

-T

1. Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners Win97
2. Yes:lol:
Larry

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164 (PSR-300) Programming

Or you can take your scanner to the Shack and they will program it for your local area for FREE.
I would strongly suggest NOT doing this unless your local store just happens to have someone that knows what they are doing. My local store does not.

One of the 'problems' with getting your scanner programmed at RS is the fact they usually use ScanCatLite, and that program does not program the scanner correctly.

You are far better off either doing it yourself, or finding someone here on RR that can do it for you, or help you. Another option; if you get the PSR-300 (it's the same scanner) from ScannerMaster, you can pay them to program it for you.... but that still does not mean you'll get what you want.

shadcall

After trying out a few programs, I personally like ARC300 for my Pro 164. As others have mentioned you can try it out for free to see how you like it before you have to buy it.

Just get the 20-047 cable (I think that is the correct RS number) and it is easy to program with a premium subscription from RR. The subscription is worth it as it makes it very easy to program your scanner especially when you have 1000 channels like the Pro 164.

Pro 164
Pro 2027
Pro 62

Status
Not open for further replies.