radio shack pro 164 trunk programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
i would like to know why it is so hard to program this scanner with the software that came it and after buying the software . i get every thing ready to up load the program and the the scanner says all channels are locked . the software trys to load and the light flash telling me it has tryed to load . then u un plug the cable and the scanner is not excepting the software what gives ? any help would be great very flushstrated with it all .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
i would like to know why it is so hard to program this scanner with the software that came it and after buying the software . i get every thing ready to up load the program and the the scanner says all channels are locked . the software trys to load and the light flash telling me it has tryed to load . then u un plug the cable and the scanner is not excepting the software what gives ? any help would be great very flushstrated with it all .

These may be helpful:

Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual

Programming Shortcut Pro-163 Pro-164 - The RadioReference Wiki

Is this one of the problems you are having?

WIN500 - UtahRadio

That last link is for a different scanner/software setup, but it explains the problem if that's what you are seeing.

Last edited:

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
useing butel software that came with it . and spent 30 bucks for the software . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why thay make it so hard for people to program there radios . thats what discuraging to radioshack stuff

Zagadka

Probably not what you want to hear but you might want to try Win 97 software instead of the Butel. There is a free trial and you'll be able to see if it's any easier for you to use.

I've not used the Butel for the 164 but I have for a 135 and found it to be clunky and difficult to use. Fortunately, I got the Win 97 for the 164 and have had nothing but good luck with it. I hope you find the same.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Did you read the manual that came with the software? It has clear instructions how to use the software and upload data.

Is the scanner indicating that it is receiving data?
Since the USB cable flashes you selected the correct USB/com port, also make sure you connect the cable to the PC/IF jack and not the headphone jack.

Gommert
Butel Software

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
yes i have read the info and read the in many times and the light flashs that its programing and the cable is pluged in to the usb port to the scanner with the cable . if i have to manualy key in every thing what use is the software thats just a waste of time and bs to load all what i want on there . what a rip off of money .

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Is the scanner actually indicating that it is receiving the data during the transfer?
There should be a progress bar on the scanners display.
Most common mistake is that people plug the 1/8" connector in the headphone jack or they select the incorrect scanner model in the upload window.

Gommert
Butel Software

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
yes i have read the info and read the in many times and the light flashs that its programing and the cable is pluged in to the usb port to the scanner with the cable . if i have to manualy key in every thing what use is the software thats just a waste of time and bs to load all what i want on there . what a rip off of money .

I, along with MANY others here, will assure you that the Butel software works extremely well.

Are you sure that you have the correct drivers installed properly for your cable?

Have you verified which com port your cable is using? What number com port has your computer assigned to your cable?

Sometimes the lights on the cable will do some flashing even if it's not communicating properly.

Last edited:

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
yes i have done all that allso. when u turn on the scanner it says all channels locked out . i have done the factory reset clear and try to reload with the software and end up with the same message on the display.

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
so i guess there is no real true answer to this programing issue with the radioshack pro 164 scanner . mmmmmmmm if the person has to manualy key in every channel to get this to work then the software don,t do the person much good dose it. if its to automaticy load the scanner with what u want to here there is no use to buy any software for this radio . get my point now i am very disapointed in the software thats out there that dont work . even thou you think it works mmm i need proof that it works other than here say.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
so i guess there is no real true answer to this programing issue with the radioshack pro 164 scanner . mmmmmmmm if the person has to manualy key in every channel to get this to work then the software don,t do the person much good dose it. if its to automaticy load the scanner with what u want to here there is no use to buy any software for this radio . get my point now i am very disapointed in the software thats out there that dont work . even thou you think it works mmm i need proof that it works other than here say.

So it's just me that "thinks" the software works, and my claim that it does is just "hearsay"???? :roll:

Too funny!

Last edited:

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
Is the scanner actually indicating that it is receiving the data during the transfer?
There should be a progress bar on the scanners display.
Most common mistake is that people plug the 1/8" connector in the headphone jack or they select the incorrect scanner model in the upload window.

Gommert
Butel Software

i ll try it a gain when i have some time thank u . i ll let u know how it go,s ok

Status
Not open for further replies.