Radio Shack Pro 18 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi, any help appreciated:

Have a Radio shack Pro 18 that's stuck on CPU SW upgrade: waiting for USB. I can't do any updates to it, tried the firmware upgrade but my computer won't see the scanner. As soon as the scanner is turned on it goes to that screen that I mentioned.

Tried it on a different computer too. it is brand new bought from ebay. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Does it have the Micro SD card installed? It should be in the slot in the left side of the battery compartment as you look at the front of the radio.

SCPD

QRT
thanks.

Yes it has the card installed. The power button won't power the scanner off either. I guess there's no way to fix this.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Also, what happens when you plug the radio into the USB port on the PC? If your PC detects it and installs a driver, you may be able to re-initialize the radio.

SCPD

QRT
My computer won't see the radio. I tried on two different computers. I also left the batteries out. As soon as I connect the usb to the computer the Radio turns on and displays the same screen. the power button can't turn the Radio off either. there should be a factory reset option but there isn't.

I use the software to try to update the radio firmware but my computer doesn't see the radio.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you are out of troubleshooting options. Apparently it was not "brand new" from eBay. You may want to pursue a return and get you money back. If that's not an option, you may want to try service via Radio Shack (without warranty), or sell it for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.