Radio Shack Pro 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

farful

I am looking for an ac adapter 5v.500amp for the Pro 18. Does anyone know who sells them? This is the external power recommended in the owners manual. Thanks guys-------

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I am looking for an ac adapter 5v.500amp for the Pro 18. Does anyone know who sells them? This is the external power recommended in the owners manual. Thanks guys-------

The Pro-18 uses a MINI USB power connecton. ant MINI USB charger will work (Camers, MP3 Player, Cell Phone, ...). The Shack sells a number of adapters, for car and home, that will work with the cable that comes with the scanner or has the cable built in.

TES

Seriously? So I guess you really don't want the Pro-18 to be your only scanner if you plan to listen frequently because you'd be out of luck whenever you needed to re-charge. I wonder who came up with that brilliant idea.

I suspect it was someone more familiar with the design of the Radio Shack Pro 18 than you. This post—written for the PSR 800—explains the issue quite clearly.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It's not a problem to me I have 30 min ext charger 3 sets of batteries as I have for my Pro-96 Pro-106. The big thing is I can not look up RR database in the field and program my 96 106 as fast as I can pull out of the Lib if I end up in a new area. Plus I can run multi configs buy taking more mem chips to test diff configs when going to new areas> That can not be done with out taking the laptop for my other handhelds. Plus I am a scanner junkie and have no children so I can have all the things I want. All scanners have things people like and do not like. One thing to remember there will never be 1 scanner that will ever make all user happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.