Radio Shack PRO 197 Digital scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
Can any of you guys tell me the difference between a Radio PRO 197 digital trunk tracker and the model just called a Radio Shack Digital Trunk Tracker?. I was able to pick up a PRO 197 just as a spare radio to put in my living room so I can here are tones drop if we get toned out for a call. I have the Digital Trunk Tracker in my room. It is nice to have 2 scanners so I don't have to use my portable as a scanner. I would very much appreciate any information that you could provide me with.

Thanks
John Briggs
Assistant Chief
Boggs Run VFD
Benwood, WV

cg

Premium Subscriber
They all have model numbers, you need to provide the number of the second radio to compare to the PRO-197

chris

What are the differences between a PRO197 and a PRO 2096 digital scanner?

Hello Everyone,

First I apologize for messing up myother post. What is the difference in PRO197 and a PRO 2096?. I was just wondering because I picked up a PRO197 yesterday and I have had a PRO 2096 for a while now. I was just wondering if there is much difference between the 2 radios?.

Thanks
John

RonnieUSA

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Pro 2096 vs Pro 197

Hello Everyone,

First I apologize for messing up myother post. What is the difference in PRO197 and a PRO 2096?. I was just wondering because I picked up a PRO197 yesterday and I have had a PRO 2096 for a while now. I was just wondering if there is much difference between the 2 radios?.

Thanks
John

The two major differences that I noticed were: The Pro 197 has the ability to digitally trunk-track the 700 mhz band whereas the Pro 2096 does not. Also the 197 has a lot more programming flexibility compared to the 2096's standard banks. ex if you wanted to put 200 objects into scan list 1 (or any other) you can, there are no restrictions. Also it seems the digital decode quality (less "motorboating") of the 197 is better than the 2096, others have noticed this also.

73s Hope this helps

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.