Radio Shack PRO-197 (Nothing Enabled) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of hours spent trying to set up a PRO-197 for a friend.

Have instaled BuTel program ARC500 pro for PRO-197, and have USB to unit adapter installed and functioning so it can download trunk systems to the scanner or go from scanner to computer. Two systems have been downloaded. When I turn the scanner on and press scan the unit takes me to a Convential scan and provides the message "Nothing enabled."

How do I enable one of the two downloaded systems?

The dishes need to be washed and the clothes folded and put away and so far I have been building a wonderful association with the scanner but not getting chores done and having a radio that does not function so I can return it. Help.

Any suggestions?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference Sunflower10000.

Did you try pressing the number associated with the two Scanlists you programmed? This should enable them if they were programmed correctly.

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
Had the same problem. In ARC500 you have to make a scan list.Click on scan list, assign a number with it. Took me a long time to figure this out also!

The pro 197 is the easiest thing to program with win500, Its a 30 day trial and if you have a rr account you can directly upload systems and frequencies from RR. Try WIN 500 opposed to ARC

NLP

Nothing enabled

We have that radio, too. Just got it today. What does Not enabled mean? We have a mac so cannot use any software I have found. Does anyone know of any software for the mac?

kcoleman

We have that radio, too. Just got it today. What does Not enabled mean? We have a mac so cannot use any software I have found. Does anyone know of any software for the mac?

NLP... welcome to RadioReference :p.

"Nothing Enabled" is a message that will display on your scanner if (1) you have no frequencies programmed into your scanner and you try to scan or (2) you have frequencies programmed into some banks and none of those banks are turned on(enabled).

As for MAC software I don't believe there is currently anything available for MAC OS, you would have to run one of the Windows emulators to run the software. This subject comes up from time to time on some of the forums here. You might try searching the forums and the wiki for further info.

Good Luck,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.