Radio Shack Pro 197 or Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

I can use the Butel software and put something into bank one . I then want to put something into bank 2 and it puts it into bank one again. How do I put Something into the other banks . Thank You in Advance

John

AC2OY

It's not banks it just memory blocks or objects I know it's confusing I still really don't understand it but what I do know it's easier to look at it in the scanner software or memory computer program....in there you can check off what scan list you wish to assign and the software will do it for you.Good thing is on this board you can do a lot of reading to better understand how these new scanners work.

granpawdave

Click on your talk group on the left side this will bring all the freq's you have entered when you look at your list find the one you want and go over to the right and you will see a column call scan list click it and add it to the list you want.

hope this helps

Dave

N8IAA

Thank you both but I am a dummy here.. I have talk groups to add and cant do it all goes into bank one

That is because the software and scanner use ScanList 1 as the default scanlist:) Just remember after programming either a frequency or TGID, to put it in the proper scanlist and deleting it from 1.
HTH,
Larry

johncoleman

Thank you But how do I do that ?

If I am correct you say put it into bank one then transfer it to say bank 2 . If that is correct How do I transfer it to bank two . Sorry but told you I am a dummy here and want to say please be patient and help me understand it all . I Have free calling across this great country and if someone wants to talk it through please send me a private message with your number and I can call you please

John

N8IAA

If I am correct you say put it into bank one then transfer it to say bank 2 . If that is correct How do I transfer it to bank two . Sorry but told you I am a dummy here and want to say please be patient and help me understand it all . I Have free calling across this great country and if someone wants to talk it through please send me a private message with your number and I can call you please

John

Obviously, you are importing from RR to your software. There will be a spot on the main window of the software that shows the scanlists. Alphatag each scanlist. When you have the scanlists named, import the system/systems or conventional frequencies to the appropriate scanlist. It should bypass the default to scanlist 1. At least, that is what Win500 does for me. Never tried Arc. Probably won't.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Ok I understand what you are saying about rename the scan lists How do I do that as have 500 also It will not let me change the name ?
If you are programming the scanners with the same info, it will upload to each of the radios with the Scanlist/TGID's/Conventional frequency alphatags. Doesn't matter if it is the 500 first, or the 106. Basically the same radio.
Larry

johncoleman

Help

Sorry but you are not telling me how do i get something to bank 2 I am lost and don't understand what you are saying . Please help me here . I just want to put San francisco in bank 2 and it keeps going into bank one and removing what was there

Sorry but you are not telling me how do i get something to bank 2 I am lost and don't understand what you are saying . Please help me here . I just want to put San francisco in bank 2 and it keeps going into bank one and removing what was there

To change a Scan List or what you are calling Banks to a new list you can change it by clicking on the Scan List column and change it from 1 up to 20.

View attachment 36870

When you download from the Data Base you can click on the Scan Lists and check the Scan List /Bank you want it in and uncheck the ones you dont.

( This is a outdated picture for the build 44 ) You should have the build 55 and the Scan Lists will be in the Data, Alpha Tag Options, Trunk Options line.
View attachment 36871

Last edited:

johncoleman

Thank you as still lost

Thanks to all again but I tried this yesterday for 4 1/2 hours and got nothing into the scanner but bank one . I just don't understand why they don't make it simple if they want someone to buy the scanners .

John

N1BHH

Thanks to all again but I tried this yesterday for 4 1/2 hours and got nothing into the scanner but bank one . I just don't understand why they don't make it simple if they want someone to buy the scanners .

John

You can place objects including frequencies and talk groups into any and all scan lists, there are no banks in these scanners as this is object oriented. You can set any talk group to any and all scan lists.

AC9BX

John

John, it is easy. You're probably confusing yourself, overthinking it. Before getting everything you want to hear in the scanner how and where you want it I would take a little time to better understand your radio.
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual
First, read the manual thoroughly. This radio does not have any banks. It is object oriented meaning everything you store in it is an object. You can organize scannable objects into scan lists. There are 20 regular and 2 special scan lists. Once you get accustomed to that you'll find it much nicer and more flexible than the channels and banks method. Don't begin with importing anything. I would perform a reset, erase everything. Then manually enter a conventional frequency and manually program a talk group and trunk system. Anything, you won't be keeping it anyway. When the scan list setting comes up a new object will go in list 1 by default. You can press select and the arrows to choose which scan list you want the object in. Doing this will help you get familiarized with the radio, how things are organized and what the options are. You'll also quickly discover how tedious it is to program all these things with the little keypad. Now, on the the software. The first thing you may want to do is download from the radio. You can then see how the items you put in manually are arranged in the software. You have access to everything, frequencies, trunk systems, talk groups, delay, LED color, bandwidth, and which scan lists those scannable items can be included in.
Once you get the hang of it then you can set it up how you want.
Changing scan lists is done a little differently in these programs. Some have check boxes for each list you want "on" and others you type in the field to toggle the list on and off.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You MUST use the "*" astric when assigning a "object"-freqy to a "ScanList , if you don't it goes in SList 1....Scroll to the SList u want to put it in and press "sel", make sure u see "*" then press "save" as a brief explanation.....

TAK21

This radio does not have any banks. It is object oriented meaning everything you store in it is an object.

John,
Take a look at the attached document comparing "Bank/Channel" programming to the "Object Oriented" programming in your radio. Picturing it visually in my head helped me.

Attachments

• oopScannerExample.pdf
    553 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.