Radio shack pro-197 reband need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
I;am new to this and need help. I have a radio shack pro-197 and I scan the city of fayetteville nc fire and police and the viper system for cumberland county nc. The viper system has rebanded and I don;t know what to do to fix it. I reprogrammed the scanner with arc 500 the city comes in loud and clear but I cant receive the viper system. Does the firmware need updating? If so how is it updated? Thanks for the help.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
In Win500, under TSYS- select system you want to reband and hit TRUNKING TABLES under SYSTEM FREQUENCES- then hit 800mhz "Rebanded" in the drop down menu. That should do it.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
First off welcome to RR

Have you checked the database for the new rebanded channels for Cumberland County?

I believe that most of Fayetteville TRS is still analog and the Pro-197 will work great for it.

There are the towers for Slocumb, Cedar Creek and Fayetteville.

Plus if I am right the Pro-197 isn't a digital capable scanner, which means you want really be able to listen

to much on the Viper System.

About the only thing you will be able to listen to is the Viper Events Analog talkgroups only.

To get the full use of Viper you might want to invest in a good digital scanner.

I currently use the new Uniden BCD345, Uniden BCD396XT, and a Radio Shack Pro-96.

I love the new Uniden BCD345 it is about the best handheld scanner out there right now. The audio is

great. I Love it best investment I have made so far.

Hope this helps

David

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
The 197 IS a digital scanner & works on viper. I have used one when I travel through NC & it worked just fine. All I did was download info from RR & program & I heard everything I programmed just fine.

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Sunnydog:
Welcome to the gang here at RR! First things first:
- make sure the rebanded cc's are EXACTLY 15 MHz down from the previous cc's.
- You'll need to enter custom tables. If you're using WIN500, on the drop-down menu, select 800 MHz "rebanded", then save and upload to your scanner. That should do it for you.
On second look I see you're using ARC500. I don't recall seeing a menu for custom tables; you'll need to enter them manually I'm sure.
Table 1: lo ch 440 hi ch 559 offset 440 base 851.025 step 25.0
Table 2: Lo ch 0 hi ch 719 offset 0 base 851.0125 step 25.0
Table 3: lo ch 720 hi ch 759 offset 0 base 848.0 step 25.0
Table 4: lo ch 815 hi ch 831 offset 0 base 846.625 step 25.0
Table 5: lo ch 958 hi ch 958 offset 958 base 868.975 step 25.0
Table 6: lo ch 961 hi ch 1022 offset 0
Base 843.4 step 25.0

HTH,

shadcall

You said you were using ARC 500. When you download the system you wish to monitor the ARC 500 should automatically choose custom tables to take care of the rebanded channels. Under the Trunk Systems menu that is on the left, check the T-Tables column which should read "custom" and not default or splinter.

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
You said you were using ARC 500. When you download the system you wish to monitor the ARC 500 should automatically choose custom tables to take care of the rebanded channels. Under the Trunk Systems menu that is on the left, check the T-Tables column which should read "custom" and not default or splinter.

Thanks for the help. The scanner is working now. I think one of the towers where down because the scanner had no signal and today it has a full signal. Thanks.

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
First off welcome to RR

Have you checked the database for the new rebanded channels for Cumberland County?

I believe that most of Fayetteville TRS is still analog and the Pro-197 will work great for it.

There are the towers for Slocumb, Cedar Creek and Fayetteville.

Plus if I am right the Pro-197 isn't a digital capable scanner, which means you want really be able to listen

to much on the Viper System.

About the only thing you will be able to listen to is the Viper Events Analog talkgroups only.

To get the full use of Viper you might want to invest in a good digital scanner.

I currently use the new Uniden BCD345, Uniden BCD396XT, and a Radio Shack Pro-96.

I love the new Uniden BCD345 it is about the best handheld scanner out there right now. The audio is

great. I Love it best investment I have made so far.

Hope this helps

David

I got it working now thanks. How did you find out how many towers the system is working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.