Radio Shack Pro 197 Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud229

I have a Pro 197 Digital scanner I used Scan Cat Lite to program it all the Frequencies and talk Groups are in it.
Now the problem I am having is it's scanning everything that's on each tower so it will come up with the frequency and code.
I want to be able to turn this option on and off I want to just be able to just scan the Talk Groups that I put in there.
Can anyone tell me how I can do this?
I read the book but I can not understand what it saying in the book.
Also I live in Michigan and all of the frequencies I have in it are digital 800Mhz.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I have a Pro 197 Digital scanner I used Scan Cat Lite to program it all the Frequencies and talk Groups are in it.
Now the problem I am having is it's scanning everything that's on each tower so it will come up with the frequency and code.
I want to be able to turn this option on and off I want to just be able to just scan the Talk Groups that I put in there.
Also I live in Michigan and all of the frequencies I have in it are digital 800Mhz.

If you put in a "WILDCAARD", either lock it out or delete it.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber

Also if you only want to hear certain talkgroups on a site you will only want to program them in.

73s

Chad

bud229

Pro 197

Ok I don't know if I am doing this right or not you can tell me.
This is what I am doing I press prog then new then TGRP
This is what it says scan lists with the : Flashing and 01
TSYS: Bank 1
ID: Wild Card
Now when I press lockout it will say on then I press save then it will say save file then I press scan but when I go back in there it's not saving it still says wildcard and lockout says off.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If you read the manual close you can move the "Wildcard" from that ScanList to the "NS" (no scan list), then just scan the TG's you entered in that SList...When you want to hear "All" tg'S OR NEW ONES GO OVER AND MONITOR THE "WILDCARD" IN THE " ns " SCANlIST, PRESS "STOR" WHEN THEY COME UP AND IF THERE WHAT YOU WANT MOVE THEM OVER TO THE ORIGINAL SCANlIST...THIS WAY YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH UNWANTED tg'S...THIS SCANNER HAS many POSSIBILITIES.....Im sorry but my "cap-lock" got stuck as i was not shouting.....I think people get too involved in programming with "software" and if they read the manual and using the "*" astrisk to choose ScanLists you can really design a great listening scanner to your needs....

Status
Not open for further replies.