Radio Shack Pro 197 USB Cable - Where To Get Drivers For Windows 10 Pro

Wthom100

Hi Forum Members,

Been out of scanning for about 10 years and want to get back into the hobby. I have Pro-197 and the correct Radio Shack USB connection cable to use with ARC500 software. I purchased a cheap used laptop with Windows 10 Pro because I know the scanning software requires Windows. As I understand I will need to have the cable drivers installed on my new computer so that the cable will work with the USB ports. But I am not sure where to get the drivers to download onto my Windows 10 Pro equipped laptop. Any suggestions? Hopefully I can find the drivers to download before I plug in the USB cable. As a side note, I am also looking for a Uniden 996XT cable driver download as well.

Thanks !

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the firmware update and DSP to upgrade or is it all in the firmware for my Pro-2096 and Pro-96? My Firmware in there now is: CPU: F1.0, DSP APP: U1.4 & DPS Voc: F1.0

scanmanmi

Premium Subscriber
Did you get your cable to work? Here's what happened to me. I had a USB cable I could use with my Windows 7 computer just fine. When I got a Windows 10 computer the cable wouldn't work! How dare Microsoft release a version of Windows that won't work with my cable! Driver after driver didn't work. Come to find out it was a knockoff cable that didn't have the actual correct chipset it was supposed to. So why should Microsoft worry about maintaining compatibility with my knockoff.