radio shack pro 2040 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrrrhonda

Missing Antenna that screws into top of Unit. Would like to use the attachment on back of box that says antenna. Saw BNC antenna but not sure it will fit this adapter on back of unit. Please give advice as to what to purchase.

Attachments

• DSC03241.jpg
    DSC03241.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 434

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack Pro2040 Antenna

I have the old Pro2036, the non-trunking 800mhz version they came out with before the Trunking units. I use THIS BNC adapter BNC Right-Angle Plug : Right-Angle Plugs | RadioShack.com

I have a variety of Antennas for my 3 scanners. That right angle adapter is very handy. I'm using a straight, telescoping antenna like the one Wheels63 has in the link

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Assuming this is for in-home...

If you want to use the BNC on back, you will need a right-angle adapter for a back-of-set antenna. Otherwise it will stick straight out from the back which is basically impractical and not "optimal use".

You can, or should be able to, purchase the replacement telescopic screw-in type at the shack as well, and is a cheaper but not very useful option, depending on what you're listening to or how close you are to your intended "target area".

Also, you can use a mobile antenna (which will/should have an attached cable) that will connect directly to the back without the need for an adapter.

It all depends on how much you want to spend, where the unit is being used and how much signal you need to pull in.

Status
Not open for further replies.