Radio Shack pro-2050

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawmsp

Ok I am a newbie to this and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for scanner software for a radio shack pro-2050 model?

I was able to download Win95 for my handheld pro-95 without any problems. I am confused if the interface cable thing will work with the 2050?

Thanks

cristisphoto

It pretty easy Assuming you have either a Com port OR an USB Port
That whee you would start..
THEN
Ebay for the Proper cable...
And that it WIth COM1 NO
installation other that the SPeeds is needed..
USB YEs But only really the drives..
Crista

Dubbin

Feed Provider
cristisphoto said:
It pretty easy Assuming you have either a Com port OR an USB Port
That whee you would start..
THEN
Ebay for the Proper cable...
And that it WIth COM1 NO
installation other that the SPeeds is needed..
USB YEs But only really the drives..
Crista

Now try answering the question...

Sorry but the 2050 has no PC interface.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
sawmsp said:
Ok I am a newbie to this and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for scanner software for a radio shack pro-2050 model?

I was able to download Win95 for my handheld pro-95 without any problems. I am confused if the interface cable thing will work with the 2050?

Thanks

The Pro-2050 is not computer programable and will not accept the programming cable.

LarrySC

Your next post will read: I've entered all the freqs for a MOT system and it want trunk. Remember to put scanner in trunking mode BEFORE entering freqs.

cristisphoto

AWWW shucks all
its better by hand
On My Uniden I use the softwares for tracking, Logging and Excessive data transfer...
But On my othe unit the AOR 8200MK3, Pro 97 and my Icom IC R3
I just enter them manually..
Its actually easier that way when you only what like one or two frequs as opposed to the 84 systems I have in my Uniden BCD 396T LOL
SOOO
Anyhows
Crista

gcgrotz

Oh My Goodness Crista. If you program the 8200 manually you are either a genius or infinitely patient. When I first got mine I think I had it for 30 minutes before I went to Butel for the software. Good thing I had ordered the cable with the scanner. I never even tried the AOR software.

My only complaint with Butel is the lack of import-ability between .mem files for different radios. Maybe just a simple re-mapping program for the fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.