Radio Shack Pro-2052 Scanner-Need Replacement Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdigiacinto

I have a Radio Shack Pro-2052 Scanner and need the antenna that screws on to the top of the unit. The antenna I was using had broke. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? I went to Radio Shack and they said it was not available to order.

Thank You.

Al42

They have a whole bunch of "universal" antennas with different mounts - holes, threaded bottoms, etc. See if one of them fits the part on the scanner.

If not, try any of the mag mounts people on RR find to be good. Stick it on something conductive (for 800 MHz I have one sitting on a coffee can top) and plug it into the scanner.

MacombMonitor

pdigiacinto said:
I have a Radio Shack Pro-2052 Scanner and need the antenna that screws on to the top of the unit. The antenna I was using had broke. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? I went to Radio Shack and they said it was not available to order.

Thank You.

I can't imagine why they can't order you the antenna. :roll: They're actually still selling the scanner, even though it is on clearance. I would ask for the manager, or call another store.

Better yet, buy a 90 degree BNC adapter, and one of the numerous BNC mount antennas, and connect it to the back of the scanner, on the external antenna BNC connector. If you tell us what band(s) you monitor, we'll help you choose an appropriate antenna that may work better than the original.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
pdigiacinto said:

Thank You.

Ok, go back to the RS that said it was not available. Tell them they can order through RSU!

RSU part # 10539120 Price: $2.49+ shipping.

Takes about 4-10 days to arive at your door.

Status
Not open for further replies.