Radio Shack Pro 2052 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve474

Hello And Happy New Year I Just Joined Your Forum Looks Great My Name Is Steve I Need Help About A Programming Cable For My Scanner. It Has A 9 Pin On the Rear Of Scanner. If I Were to Purchase A USB To RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter Would This Work For me If Not Where Is A Good Place To Order One Radio Shack Cant get Them????? Thank You For Any Advise I Appreciate It A lot!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Please - don't make run on sentences and capitalize each word. It makes things very hard to read...

If you are correct and there's a 9 Pin 232 port, then one of the generic USB-serial converters listed here will do the job. This article is from our wiki, and note that all links are always blue

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

now as for software- unfortunately the only decent software has been out of support for a long time now, but it may still be available...

ScanControl Ver. 7.1

and this page tells you how to set the 2052 up for remote programming;

Scan Control- setup radio page

Unless you have a bunch of channels to program, you can program this scanner manually. We have 2 links that can help - there are 2 shortcut articles on the first link, and the Easier to Read manual for the 2052 is next.....

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to Read Pro 2052 Scanner Manual

HTH...Mike

Last edited:

Earthbase1

I bough one last night at radio shack ....don't depend on the sales person knowing what they have.... pci to 9d seral...26 bucks 6 foot cable

Status
Not open for further replies.