radio shack pro 2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadabbado

a while back i read somewhere that a pro 2052 would not do rebanding on my local 800 analog trs. i figured oh well but it handeled the reband here in pasco cty. a ok has any one else had sucess with the 2052

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
a while back i read somewhere that a pro 2052 would not do rebanding on my local 800 analog trs. i figured oh well but it handeled the reband here in pasco cty. a ok has any one else had sucess with the 2052

Depending on the frequencies they reband to, this radio may or may not work. For Example, Fort Worth and Grapevine Texas repanded and all new frequencies work on older scanners. The Lewisville Texas system rebanded and only 1 channel is not scannable on the older scanners.

abbadabbado

i guess scanners are sort of like mother nature take what you get i guess i am lucky. when i get time i will check my old pro 94 see if it will reband if not will use it for conv. thanks for the response

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The issue with rebanding is really a Motorola only issue - if you're talking about the Pasco county public service trunk, since that's an EDACS system, just dropping the freqs 15 mhz and respecting the logical channel number should do the trick.

best regards...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.