radio shack PRO-2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

podsmaster76

hello,im new to this forum and was wondering if someone could tell me easily how to program my pro 2052 as far as trunking and such.i just don't know how to program SCHP in order to get them all and for them to show up as a ID.any help would be great.try to use redneck terminology too lol as im not that good lol thanks in advance

podsmaster76

man i still can't get it.....i know im not that stupid but this ID and EDACS and DATA is really getting me confused.can i program this thing easier if i buy the cable and software? and do it through my pc if so ill go that route if not then this old jewel will be FOR SALE..don't need a scanner that i can't use.....tried that web site and im still stumped PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

CLB

2052 has it's quirks. That's why I rely on the old Pro-95's to decipher trunked systems. I don't live in Charleston County, and only drive though it for roughly 20 minutes 2 ways every day, so I primarily monitor VHF FM and AM enroute...One of these days I'll pull the thing out of the truck and program the Hanahan PD in it for sh##s and giggles while passing their traffic stops. My total "trunk listening time" every day is less than or equal to an hour so it's not that high a priority for me in particular.

However, I've found that PC interface with the 2052 is a definite must, and I rely on it to record any 2 way comms that I personally make. I use ScanPro to set it up and a generic scanner recorder to log it all. Works well for me, but I have a "unique" application to say the least.

www.pro2052.com

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
podsmaster76 said:
man i still can't get it.....i know im not that stupid but this ID and EDACS and DATA is really getting me confused.can i program this thing easier if i buy the cable and software? and do it through my pc if so ill go that route if not then this old jewel will be FOR SALE..don't need a scanner that i can't use.....tried that web site and im still stumped PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Assuming you printed the Programming Shortcut provided in Mike's Wiki link, what steps are giving you problems.
i just don't know how to program SCHP in order to get them all and for them to show up as a ID.
If your intentions are to program Palmetto 800, then each site programmed must be in a seperate bank.

Programming for Trunking modified for the Palmetto and the later Pro-2052 scanner. You will need to lockout all digital ID's also.

1. Press and hold TRUNK until you hear two beeps, all 20 bank numbers should be flashing.
2. Press the number for the bank you want to program, E2-800 should be on the display and your bank number should be upper left
3. Palmetto is Motorola type II, E2-800 - go to step 4
4. Press E, Channel 1 of your bank should appear
5. Using the numbered keys enter the first frequency
6. Press E
7. Press ^ button, and enter the second frequency
8. Press E
9. Repeat step 7 and 8 until all frequencies are entered for Palmetto selected site
10. When completed press TRUNK, the scanner should go into ID SEARCH Mode
You should now see ----- on the display until the scanner stops on a conversation, then a 2 to 5 digit ID will be displayed.

Programming ID’s
1. Press SCAN
2. Press ^ button (----- should be on the display)
3. Navigate up or down until the number 1 appears on the left and a smaller number 1 is in upper left
4. Using the numbered keys, enter the 2 to 5 digits ID for E2-800
5. Press E
6. Press ^ button (the number on left will increase with each entry)
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until all known ID’s are entered Note: after programming 10 ID’s, the number 1 appears on the left again and a number 2 appears in the upper left, this is a new ID Scan List. The scanner has 5 of these Scan Lists (sub-banks) for
a total of 50 ID’s per scan bank.

When completed, press SCAN.

podsmaster76

you guys are great BTW i went to radioshack today and bought a serial cable for my scanner and hope to be exploring that aspect shortly.....the guy at RS told me there is no "SPECIAL" software i need so i can just get scanpro and use that as a interface for my 2052 hopefully? thanks

podsmaster76

well i went and bought and downloaded proscan 2052 and i now have my scanner trunking successfully!! WOOHOO!! i feel like a new MAN!! im not missing anything!!! and i highly recommend the proscan 2052 to us newbies as far as EASE OF PROGRAMMABILITY.......well guys thanks for all your halp and i will always be a member of this forum thank you to everyone........jody

Status
Not open for further replies.