Radio Shack Pro 2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

Hello,
I am wondering if there is anyway you can make or buy a board to go in this radio to make it P25 enabled. I just wanted to find out if there is anyway possible to do this, i have Spare Radio Parts and am always up for a challenge. I wish to god there was some way of doing this even if it is hard. Radio shack should make there scanner were their is an acessory spot were you can add things to the radio when new things come out. If that was possible i would believe that they or how ever were to do that would be finding it worth it

emtbls1987

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am wondering if there is anyway you can make or buy a board to go in this radio to make it P25 enabled.
Make? Sure. From parts just lying around? No. I added CPUs to these crystal controlled scanners about 30 years ago, so anything is possible.

Radio shack should make their scanners where there is an accessory spot were you can add things to the radio when new things come out.
How much extra are you willing to pay for that? There's no way to tell what new technology will exist in the future. Additionally, firmware upgrades are required. The PRO-2055 can not have its firmware upgraded.

HammerDude

Hello,
I am wondering if there is anyway you can make or buy a board to go in this radio to make it P25 enabled. I just wanted to find out if there is
emtbls1987

No. You have a (good) analog scanner. To make it conform with P25 digital it requires more parts than the scanner is worth.

73's
HammerDude

Status
Not open for further replies.